The right combination?

Glamping

Reaction score
Truck - 06 CCLB dually 160k miles

This is my DD and I frequently tow 16-18k lbs. I have an Insight for monitoring, I've already added fuel pressure and have the EGT probe awaiting install. What I am after is not crazy power but fuel economy, reliability and being able to safely tow big loads. The truck already had ARP studs when I got it. Right now my deltas seem to run a steady 10 degrees, FICM runs a constant 48v, I recently did the blue fuel spring and 6.4 banjos and I'm running around 59-60lbs fuel pressure at the test port.

I already have the updated SCT fitting and new dummy plugs and standpipes sitting on the bench. What I'm looking to do now is EGR delete, SCT, full exhaust, and injectors. I've been having terrible stiction problems lately to the point that it's hard to get up to 55 without WOT unless the truck is warm.

I'm figuring on doing a MBRP 4" turbo back exhaust, but I can't for the life of me determine which injectors to go with. I talked to Warren today and they said 175/stock would be fine with the right tow tune to defuel when towing but I was also considering 155's since I've seen a lot of people say those are a good heavy towing setup.

Thoughts and opinions??? Also am I missing any other "updated" OEM parts??

Glamping

Reaction score
Forgot to mention I'll be doing a coolant filter and flush as well.

Dirty_Stroke

Reaction score
I've towed heavy with 155/stock nozzles and a stock turbo and with the hybrid. They do have lots of low end and tow real well. But for the price difference I don't see why anyone wouldn't get the 175's. The tuner can always pull fuel out while towing heavy and have plenty of fuel for unloaded fun.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.