Tire Pressure Sensor Question

Reaction score
I have been helping a buddy with getting his new truck all modded up and ran into another problem.

I always had H&S Tuners on my trucks so I would just turn off the sensors in the programmer and never worry about tire pressure. He already has a spartan and now the truck has some 20" Fuels and 35" Tires. He took it to the dealer before we tuned and deleted it and they said they adjusted the tire pressure in the computer down to 50psi so that the warning light would go away. I think they lied to him, I was unaware of dealers being able to do this. The warning light went away for a couple days but then came back and the tires currently have 65psi and it wont go away.

Whats the deal?

Atsah

Reaction score
They are in fact able to do this.. They dropped mine to 55PSI because I like to run them at 70PSI and not 80PSI.. My guess is they did not lower it to 50PSI..

c.jank

Reaction score
wait so H&S can turn off the sensors??? I have had low pressure ever since i put on my 35/22

sootie

Reaction score
wait so H&S can turn off the sensors??? I have had low pressure ever since i put on my 35/22

yes-they have a special obd block that you can use to turn them off. there is a thread on here somewhere that pog is lending it out to people. it doesnt have to stay in the truck-it only takes about 3 mins to do.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
And I have a standing offer for anybody in the Houston area to come borrow mine to turn theirs off. LMK

c.jank

Reaction score
You don't need the block with a 2011+ man. Just go into the menu and you should be able to find it. Truck has to be off, but you don't have to retune the truck.

Appreciate it man! Oh btw your truck looks sick what suspension setup is that :toast:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
So is there a way to do it without runing a tuner? My 6.7 is stock but I have a mini max in my race truck I would love to turn it off on my 6.7 its such a pain to deal with

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
You're welcome, and I'm keepin it secret. I don't want anyone doin the same setup.... LOL

Yeeeaaaa....so about that same setup.....LOL

I dont have the 3 link or traction bars yet but thats next, but Im powdercoating all my lift white though so I dont be copying yall too much!

Sorry to hijack the thread :p

johnboy27

Reaction score
Is there a way to add the feature to the 13 f250? I actually liked the TPMS feature in my Chevy. I am surprised the Ford does not have it.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Can someone verify for CERTAIN that the minimaxx WILL shut off the TPMS for sure? I have to purchase an unlock for my 6.7 to tune it so i can try, dont want to spend the money on the unlock if it wont for sure work.

Thanks

TripleE44

Reaction score
Can someone verify for CERTAIN that the minimaxx WILL shut off the TPMS for sure? I have to purchase an unlock for my 6.7 to tune it so i can try, dont want to spend the money on the unlock if it wont for sure work.

Thanks

Yes sir it will work. Mine is turned off on my 11. Its under the menu here.

null_zps21d58954.jpg

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Ok cool ill buy an unlock. Well worth the 100 bucks

I hope this doesnt make me want to delete and tune it lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.