Too much hpop pressure?

Whitefarmtractor

Reaction score
While easing into the throttle, the hpop pressure gauge will peg at 4k psi, and the truck pretty much falls on its face until the pressure falls back below 3200. I was told that the hpop should never exceed 3200, can't find the root of the problem. Put a new icp sensor in, waste of $165, but now I can rule that out. maybe ipr sticking, or possibly chip/computer?

Stage 2 injectors, d66, intake & exhaust, gearhead tunes, sniper 7position

Any ideas?

Thanks, Chris

Whitefarmtractor

Reaction score
Well, hooked up the auto enginuity, and proved the autometer wrong. 3206 max pressure, though I got the icp duty cycle to 85% on a good accel. nothing else seems od. Was slightly bummed though, says im not obdII compatible, I can run the engine on active scan, but it doesnt provide any data about it.

Still a stumble when rolling into the throttle while cruising.

Whitefarmtractor

Reaction score
Yes, stock hpop.

Needs e fuel more than hpop. not related to problem though, becuase it has about 60 psi fuel press when the stumble occurs. Brand new fuel pedal btw, that was my first thought

Whitefarmtractor

Reaction score
Ill try again tomorrow. A window appeared saying not obdII compatible, but I think if I switch tabs it displays the info anyway. I ran out of steam today..

Tom S

Reaction score
You have to select the non-obd compliant setting on an OBS with AE.

Whitefarmtractor

Reaction score
Its a stock hpop, I'm assuming thats 15*.
Here's some screen shots, researching codes now

icmerror_zpse454c882.jpg

Whitefarmtractor

Reaction score
Planning on upgrading the HPOP when I do the E-fuel and intercooler in a few months, but If I can't find a definite solution, I might do it sooner. The problem isn't a major issue, but an annoyance when you need the power without any delay.

Latest posts

Members online