Toolbox must have

Spindrift

Reaction score
Can't think of a good title for this post. I'm planning a cross country trip that will take me through some remote parts of the country. Does the 6.7L have enough miles on the platform to warrant carrying a specific part(s) in the toolbox which might save my azz if I'm unlucky enough to break down? The 7.3 had its CPS, and the 6.0 had its IPR and other issues. I'll bring fuel filters for sure but just wondering if there's anything else that makes sense. Thanks.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
hmmm.... good question. I have put over 30k on mine in less then a year that I have owned it so far, bout the only thing I carry is filters and oil... im still under warranty but haven't had any major breakdowns yet! just a couple sensor/ground issues...

live life full throttle

sagebel

Reaction score
I can't think of anything beyond what has already been said. I've been across the country a couple times in all seasons and towing without an issue. I still carry a full set of tools just in case. I usually break them out to help someone else. If you will be in remote areas, extra water and fuel are always good.

uga33

Reaction score
If emissions aren't intact, I wouldn't worry. A spare exhaust temp sensor is what I would have recommended if all the emissions items were still on the truck.

Buck1

Reaction score
If emissions aren't intact, I wouldn't worry. A spare exhaust temp sensor is what I would have recommended if all the emissions items were still on the truck.

That was my exact thought as well!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Spindrift

Reaction score
Sounds good. I have a bed tank, full set of tools, filter and oil. I take my old Boy Scout motto to the max in these situations.

1bad6.7

Reaction score
Extra Fuel Filters!? you never know when you will get bad diesel !

Last edited:

Motostroker

Reaction score
I have a spare wheel bearing front and rear with me on long hauls. Besides the obvious fluids container I have. Oil, coolant, trans, etc. 20ft chain. Hammer, and basic toolset. Oh, and a stream light!!

sledhead_24_7

Reaction score
Jumper cables, Just in case. Fuses, some can be hard to find in smash towns. A monkey grip tire plug again just in case, don't need a flat out in the sticks. Depending how far out you might be going emergency fire starter.

4x4given

Reaction score
Never, ever, forget the stream light.

Speaking of which...

I would like to suggest watching this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUuRbyDYjHo

I say this because I found out about the UltraFire 502B on a different forum.

I've had mine now for about 6 months and carry it daily (clipped in my front pocket, where it's very comfortable) and have used the crap out of it. The wife has used it a lot and has dropped it on gravel and concrete more times that I can count. The thing never fails to deliver and the battery holds a charge for a long time. I've run for a month on a single charge.

All I'm suggesting is that for the price, this should be in your truck, toolbox, pocket and nightstand. ;)

Here's a link to the Ultra-Fire for $14 with charger and 2 batteries and no doubt, you can find them a little cheaper if you try (I paid $12).

http://www.amazon.com/Ultrafire-WF-...d=1404827920&sr=1-4&keywords=UltraFire+WF502B

knaffie

Reaction score
Speaking of which...

I would like to suggest watching this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUuRbyDYjHo

I say this because I found out about the UltraFire 502B on a different forum.

I've had mine now for about 6 months and carry it daily (clipped in my front pocket, where it's very comfortable) and have used the crap out of it. The wife has used it a lot and has dropped it on gravel and concrete more times that I can count. The thing never fails to deliver and the battery holds a charge for a long time. I've run for a month on a single charge.

All I'm suggesting is that for the price, this should be in your truck, toolbox, pocket and nightstand. ;)

Here's a link to the Ultra-Fire for $14 with charger and 2 batteries and no doubt, you can find them a little cheaper if you try (I paid $12).

http://www.amazon.com/Ultrafire-WF-...d=1404827920&sr=1-4&keywords=UltraFire+WF502B

Thanks for the post. Exactly what I needed for work.

crzytxn

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, what if the emission junk was still stock

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online