Torn on an HPOP Solution

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
Hey guys, im in a pretty desperate need for an HPOP at the moment. not positive if ive updated my sig yet but the truck has 350/200s/fresh heads, SD intake,BTS trans, melling lpop and a 71mm turbo still. i have my poor T500 still and it doesnt like these 200 nozzels much. I litterally just dont know which way to go, some say the gen3 but ive heard of stallling and poor mannors some times. Im told twins will be a great option but you have to watch oil temps and can have poor mannors sometimes. I hear some of you run teh srp1.1 and it will keep up with these injectors but i just dont want to risk any reliability as my truck is a DD and I need this as i dont have a second vehicle as of yet.

I was really wanting to try the t1000 or i was told of a 750 possibly but the T500 is still flooding him.. what are my options really that have great reliability?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
LOL... Face it... The Twhatever will never come out.

I would go with the SRP1.1...

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
Is there anyone that has an srp1.1 that can't keep up with These injectors? I'm shooting for 600, made 444 on a stock tune which I though was pretty decent . gear head keeps trying to get me to go with a srp.

Reaction score
Is there anyone that has an srp1.1 that can't keep up with These injectors? I'm shooting for 600, made 444 on a stock tune which I though was pretty decent . gear head keeps trying to get me to go with a srp.

Im running 300/200 with the srp1.1 no reliablity problems to date and keeps up fine with my injectors

nwpastroker

Reaction score
I'm running 400/200 with an srp 1.1 with Matt's tunes. Duty cycle has never broken 43%. I'm not to sure of the numbers, just got the truck going and it's about all you can do to see the road flying by you let alone look at the guage. If you're going to stay with 200% nozzles get the srp 1.1. If you're going bigger in the future look into duals or gen3

David N

Reaction score
Im in the same boat. I need to call Gary at Stealth and see when I could get a SRP1.1.

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
I cant see myself getting any larger of a nozzle as the 200 has its annoying quirks as It is. Maybe I'll look back into a 1.1 I guess. I'm not trying to start anything at all honestly but haven't there been issues with the srp1.1 pumps in terms of reliability?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Yea, id heard about that too but i have trouble taking some of this at face value. You dont know.what people do to stuff installing it, the condition of other components, or if they dumped a handful of dirt impregnated grime into the front cover upon removing the old.unit. Terminator.guys like to conspire that stealth conspired to.cover up a huge.failure issue.

Modded parts are a gamble so proceed with caution.

Black 02

Reaction score
I think mattman347 runs a Gen 3 with his 350/200's, but did run a SRP1.1.

Jake at Irate runs the same injectors with the SRP1.1.

I personally went the Terminator route.

I think there were some issues with the SRP1.1, but I've heard that it's been taken care of.

David N

Reaction score
I think mattman347 runs a Gen 3 with his 350/200's, but did run a SRP1.1.

Jake at Irate runs the same injectors with the SRP1.1.

I personally went the Terminator route.

I think there were some issues with the SRP1.1, but I've heard that it's been taken care of.

Matt told me he takes his Gen 3 off when hes just daily driving the truck. He didn't go into detail why. But why would you not dd a Gen 3? Does it not have streetable manners?

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
matt told me it had poor manners sometimes that can be hard to tune out. I also talked to Jim from rosewood and he thinks the hydraulic pump used in a gen3 is the weak link as it doesnt seem to last as long on a street driven DD truck. Everyone agrees it works great for pullers and racers but not somehting at at DD. He told me that they use a very similar pump in there test bench and it seams that the pumps get torn up with the little use that it sees, nevermind something that is driven 10K plus a year. That for me is enough to steer away, my truck has been 100% reliable and im trying to keep it that way.

I really would like to try twins as its more than enough oil to the point its not a weak link anymore but can be a pain to tune.

neverkickn

Reaction score
From what I have heard the BTS setup is easy to tune. Mine runs good with canned tunes.

Black 02

Reaction score
matt told me it had poor manners sometimes that can be hard to tune out. I also talked to Jim from rosewood and he thinks the hydraulic pump used in a gen3 is the weak link as it doesnt seem to last as long on a street driven DD truck. Everyone agrees it works great for pullers and racers but not somehting at at DD. He told me that they use a very similar pump in there test bench and it seams that the pumps get torn up with the little use that it sees, nevermind something that is driven 10K plus a year. That for me is enough to steer away, my truck has been 100% reliable and im trying to keep it that way.

I really would like to try twins as its more than enough oil to the point its not a weak link anymore but can be a pain to tune.

Interesting, I was gonna ask Matt about that as well.

mattman347

Reaction score
I ran the srp in the 1/8th mile and it did 7.95 several times, if I add the gen3 on top of the srp1 I get 7.8x every time. So when I race or pull I put the gen3 on. (If I spray it runs 7.60)

The gen3 gets air in it after sitting for the night and runs rough in the morning but clears up with in a min. Driving it on the street I get a little bit of surge at light throttle which I could get tuned out. All of this was explained to me before I bought it BTW.

I love the added throttle response of the gen3, it ramps real quick. It takes me 30 min to swap it on and off so im not worried about getting it tuned out for now.

The srp runs good on the street, has good cruising manners and does not get the oil temp as high on the street as the gen3. This is just my experience. I have heard of no issues with the gen3 for longevity on the street so not sure there.

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
The gen3 is great at wot. With the single ipr it will never run as nice as a single pump will. I would look at the srp 1.1

Latest posts

Members online