Toyo AT vs AT2?

John@Outlaw_Diesel

Reaction score
Does anyone know the difference between them? Local tire shop has Toyo AT for $1070 out the door for 305/50/20. They could also get AT2, but I forget the price difference. Is that a good price or does anyone know of a better deal on a set of goodn AT in 305/50/20. One plus about the Toyo is that they little higher load rating from what I have seen.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I got quoted like $1270 mounted and balanced in the same size AT/II, but I have to wait 6-8 weeks. I'm thinking about canceling and either going with Terra Grapplers or 420s because the old Toyo AT's I'm currently running suck in the rain and also show signs of dry rot. That's not uncommon for that tire I might add.

If there is no wait time, I would go with the AT/II.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Does anyone know the difference between them? Local tire shop has Toyo AT for $1070 out the door for 305/50/20. They could also get AT2, but I forget the price difference. Is that a good price or does anyone know of a better deal on a set of goodn AT in 305/50/20. One plus about the Toyo is that they little higher load rating from what I have seen.

Slight tread and sidewall design changes are all I noticed.

VanoFord

Reaction score
there are also different sizes offered in the AT then in the AT2. I know you cant get some of the old sizes in the new tire. I would agree that they get bad traction in the rain, and I felt mine wore a bit faster than normal. nitto trails/terra's all the way.

John@Outlaw_Diesel

Reaction score
Well people looking for Nitto 420's, Walmart has them for $183 a tire in 305/50/20. I am strongly thinking about them also. Just worried about tread life.

John@Outlaw_Diesel

Reaction score
It's very tempting, but this tire shop said they would take sensor off of old rims and put them on the new rims for free.

Is there a way to delete the tire pressure sensor? The light on the dash would annoy the hell out of me if it was on.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Nope SCT with Gearhead tunes and CTS, and can you give me some more info Jeff?

Several guys on our tech support forum have claimed that they went to Discount Tire and had the valve stems replaced. No more light. I've never had to worry about it because I have a Job 1 2008. My truck didn't come with TPMS.

Why not replace wheels and tires to what your personal preference is and just buy new sensors for the new wheels. I had sensors put in my aftermarket wheels with 35x12.5x20 rubber for if I recall right around $150 at discount tire. I got tired of the light so I called discount and was quoted that price so I quickly drove over and had them installed. That was like 2yrs ago.

Found in the last post here: http://www.spartandieseltech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=513&page=2&highlight=discount+tire

And another thread here: http://www.spartandieseltech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2708&highlight=discount+tire

Last edited:

VanoFord

Reaction score
6.4 or 6.7? you get used to it.

Sent looking at my blown up 6.4

Yea it took me a about a month to not notice it.

You can also change the valve stems.

Not all trucks are valve stem tpms. Mine is actually the band style, and I was told if you had bands, you need bands. If you had stems, then you need stems. I have a spare set of bands in my center console for when I get some new rims.

bad12jr

Reaction score
I have the at 2 and have put 4000 miles on them. Like them so far. I can't really complain about traction. Hook better then the discoverer s/t I have on my obs in the rain and way better then the old at's I ran. Can't remember the brand.

Sent from my x2 chillin in the middle of no where

powerSmokin

Reaction score
Look at the manufacturer date on the tire, when I worked at Les Schwab which is directly supplied by toyo, I hardly saw dry rotted open country's unless they were around 10 years old.

I have the AT 2's and love em!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.