Trouble with ASWC-1

Godofdew11

Reaction score
Hey fellers had a question. Popped in a Kenwood receiver with a ASWC-1 to retain the steering wheel controls a few months ago. After a month or 2 the controls started "shifting". What I mean is when I start the truck all works perfect, after some time the buttons switch, I push volume down and it goes up, I push up and it goes to next song. It has recently gotten to the point where the buttons will stop working altogether. I emailed Axxess tech support and they said it sounded like the clock spring in the steering colum. Sounds like crap to me because it is fixed by turning off the truck and back on, and also all 10 other buttons, cruise control and temperature controls work fine. Any suggestions before I rip my dash back apart?

Thanks,
Don

Str8Ugly

Reaction score
i had a issue with my stock steering wheel controls doing this, i swapped them out with a truck at work and everything works fine now

Zmann

Reaction score
I dealt with them also my unit worked well for a year then it started turning volume up instead of down and other random stuff

customer service was nice but they aren't as smart as I would have thought

they told me the clock spring as well and I was also about to waste some serious coin on a new one but like you I was thinking how could everything else work fine

finally I relocated the ASWC-1 away from my CTS and never had another problem
also check for the connector being seated properly

I was nice enough to inform them of my resolve thinking they may add that info to their customer service troubleshooting apparently it did not

Last edited:

Godofdew11

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys guys, i was hoping to not have to pull my upper dash back off but i suppose i will have to one of these days. I will double check connections and try and shift its location a bit. I wish the Metra wire adapter had the steering wheel wire in it, so i could butt splice it in instead of a crappy wire tap.

thanks,
Don

Zmann

Reaction score
agreed since the signals are voltages any bad connection will throw it off

I got lucky I had mine mounted above the mini glove box so i could program it differently if I wanted
so i was able to move it easily and re seat the connector that is after I found it since I had long forgotten where i mounted it LOL

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.