truck falls on it face

dumper209

Reaction score
i have a 97 powerstroke and it has a ts 6 postion chip with 140 hp on it, also have intake and straight pipe. it seems when i put the pedal to the floor it seems to me like the truck falls on its face and also when you crusin and you punch it, it seems to lug. i have no idea if it could be the hpop or the fuel pump is failing im asking because i dont want to spend a bunch of money before i get some advice

PSDEng

Reaction score
:whs: but it could also very likely be a fueling issue. It's even more likely that it's a bit of both. Best way to not waste money is to properly diagnose. Get a scanner on the hpop and measure duty cycle icp and rig up a gauge to put on the fuel bowl to monitor pressure.

Could also be something completely unrelated to fuel and oil though....like I said the only way to know is to properly diagnose.

dirtboy25

Reaction score
HPOP.... That's all I'm saying right meow.

Plug in something that can check out ICP and HPOP pressure... An Aeroforce Scangauge or AE will do the trick.

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
I'm working. I have a 7 hour period from when I get off to sleep, then get back to work. But I'm not doing ****... Sitting in the work truck lol

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
If it is not one of the problems listed above(HPOP or lack of fuel) I would assume it is something to do with the tune putting too much fuel, and your turbo isn't lighting right away. Do you have gauges? Do you just have canned tunes or custom?

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Get a scanner on it... read ICP and DC and report back.

If both look good then check fuel pressure, it is staying above 50psi while this is happening, then probably not your issue.

Lastly I would believe your "putting out the fire" in the cylinder, too much fuel will result in a loss of power and a very laggy truck

Latest posts

Members online