Truck running and acting funny

jaybo

Reaction score
Lately my truck has been skipping at idle and also yesterday it felt as if all the power was gone until it got up to speed. Then felt fine.
I know I'm having major stiction problems and am contemplating either replacing all the injectors at once or trying to clean the spool valves on the current ones, which I'm assuming are oem. It's been making a weird sound, as if you can hear the exhaust note in the intake system as well. Maybe I'm just paranoid.
I have a coolant leak I can't pinpoint either. I can see it pooling under the fuel filter housing on top of the engine but that's a far as I can see. It's running down on the ps pump.
It usually needs a little each week as is low bc of the leak, but yesterday after driving it hard on the way home from work, I checked the water and it was above the min line. Very unusual.

This is my first diesel, and I've always wanted a powerstroke. But damn this thing is finicky.
I've put a new radiator, thermostat, degas bottle and cap, batteries and starter on it in the last year. The ficm is making 48.5v, and last time I had my snap on scanner on it my deltas were no more than 11* apart. It has new fuel pumps also.
I do t know what icp and ipr should be while its hooked up so that's my next test.

I religiously change my oil every 5k with either rosella t6 or delo synthetic. Use only ford filters, and don't romp on it too hard bc it's still not studded. Also change the fuel filters every 10k with oem.

Maybe I'm paranoid, maybe not. But any ideas on what I've mentioned? I'm planning to take a few days off work and pull the intake and all off so I can do umm..stuff w the egr and injectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Sounds like you're on the right track. The stiction will cause all sorts of goofy stuff to happen as far as power, shifting, boost, smoke, etc... coolant lek below the filter housing should show itself when you've got the intake off, could be a hose clamp or somethin from when you did the thermostat. Or the hose going from the intake to degas. Good luck.

Latest posts

Members online