Tuners, blown turbos?

stevens6.7

Reaction score
I have a few different questions that maybe you guys could help with.

Are tuned guys really blowing turbos more often than non tuned trucks? I've read it was the other way around due to the truck going into regen.

Next what setting are you guys running on your trucks on while using your H&S Mini Maxx?

Thanks for any advice, or information.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
hard to say, but so far every tune i have ran from SPE and HS limit boost at 26 max... its the only way to give the turbo a fair shot at a long life. over 30 is a recipe for disaster.

java

Reaction score
My dads 6.7 has been tuned and deleted since like 100 miles on the clock, it now has a hair over 100k and has never had an issue..

Spindrift

Reaction score
Hmmmm...can my H&S be set at a max. psi? I towed the trailer this past weekend and reached 31psi on a couple of nice hills.

stevens6.7

Reaction score
bigrpowr and java what setting do you guys put the tuner on? Thanks for the responses. I figured it might come down to the usual " every truck acts differently".

Mpoage

Reaction score
bigrpowr and java what setting do you guys put the tuner on? Thanks for the responses. I figured it might come down to the usual " every truck acts differently".

My old 2011 was tuned and deleted at 90k miles and I never ran anything other than performance tune up until I sold it at 105k miles. The guy that bought it tows pretty heavy with it but he runs it on stock to keep from hurting it and turns it back up to Street when just cruising around. It has 115k on it now completely trouble free. My new truck has not left performance since it was tuned at 1300 miles, it has 7k on it now.

Daniel@RudysDiesel

Reaction score
my dads truck(13) and one of my buddys(11) 6.7s blew turbos after a few thousand miles dad drives his like a grandpa and my budyy dogs his everywhere. they were both covered under warrenty. i heard that the turbo on the 6.7s needs some kind of back pressure.

stevens6.7

Reaction score
My old 2011 was tuned and deleted at 90k miles and I never ran anything other than performance tune up until I sold it at 105k miles. The guy that bought it tows pretty heavy with it but he runs it on stock to keep from hurting it and turns it back up to Street when just cruising around. It has 115k on it now completely trouble free. My new truck has not left performance since it was tuned at 1300 miles, it has 7k on it now.
Thanks for the response. I'll probably keep mine on the performance tune. I'm not trying to make it real fast just want to get rid of the emission garbage.
my dads truck(13) and one of my buddys(11) 6.7s blew turbos after a few thousand miles dad drives his like a grandpa and my budyy dogs his everywhere. they were both covered under warrenty. i heard that the turbo on the 6.7s needs some kind of back pressure.

That's strange. Dealer had no problems since they were tuned?

Daniel@RudysDiesel

Reaction score
Well the dealer didnt know both trucks were returned to stock and then after that dad didnt want the stuff put back on his so now its sitting on a self till my work 6.7 runs outta warranty

Latest posts

Members online