Underhood light?

GCncsuHD

Reaction score
On my 2000 F250, it is just an XL work truck, it did not come with the underhood light, just a blank connector where it should be. The wiring to the light is there though.

I want to install a light tin this area. I am not getting power to the wires there. I checked the fuses under the dash, there is one marked for underhood light, the fuse is there, and good. If I remove it the dome light goes out as well. Is this the correct fuse or is there another I should look for? Was the OEM underhood light switched with a mercury switch on the hood or was there another type of switch used elsewhere to trigger the light?

I intend to just mount some LED lights I have lying around to that area, if I need to I will mount an rocker switch to the area to turn it on and off as well, but first I would like to restore power to the wires.

MossBack

Reaction score
I wired a led bar to a always hot with a 5amp fuse from under the hood and used a hood pin switch for ground. So the light only comes on when the hood is up. Most car stereo shops have them and makes a clean install without switches. I will get picks if u want!

GCncsuHD

Reaction score
I wired a led bar to a always hot with a 5amp fuse from under the hood and used a hood pin switch for ground. So the light only comes on when the hood is up. Most car stereo shops have them and makes a clean install without switches. I will get picks if u want!

Thanks, that is my last resort, I have a few of those hood/door pin switches lying around, but first I want to get power to the wiring that is already there existing, just unused on my bare bones XL truck.

MossBack

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361271028.625137.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.