What are your thoughts on some forum category changes?

co04cobra

Reaction score
Haven't been on recently but have been a member for a long time. I'm not against changing up the layout and adding things, but I'll definitely vote against breaking things up into generations. That is just not in general how Ford guys talk about their trucks or much of any of Ford brands. I don't spend as much time with a mustang crowd as I once did either, but when I did, never once did I hear anyone refer to any of their car as a "gen". It adds a level of douchery that is just unneeded IMO.

Shaggy

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Haven't been on recently but have been a member for a long time. I'm not against changing up the layout and adding things, but I'll definitely vote against breaking things up into generations. That is just not in general how Ford guys talk about their trucks or much of any of Ford brands. I don't spend as much time with a mustang crowd as I once did either, but when I did, never once did I hear anyone refer to any of their car as a "gen". It adds a level of douchery that is just unneeded IMO.

I get what you are saying but have you been to a ford truck forum lately? Search for one and 90% will have each generation into categories with the years of each gen. Hell, there is a new mustang forum just solely dedicated to the 6th gen stang.

So I know you dont hear guys talking about generations but I bet they do mention the year of the truck.

Iso-baric

Reaction score
On the topic of forum maintenance/improvements, my biggest ask would be to go through the vendor list and parse out vendors who are no longer active / no longer actively supporting the forum.
I've sent a number of PM's to vendors over the past few years with no response, presumably because they are no longer in business or have stepped away from the online scene.

Shaggy

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
On the topic of forum maintenance/improvements, my biggest ask would be to go through the vendor list and parse out vendors who are no longer active / no longer actively supporting the forum.
I've sent a number of PM's to vendors over the past few years with no response, presumably because they are no longer in business or have stepped away from the online scene.

That's the plan for sure.

6.7Bison

Reaction score
It doesn't get much simpler than OBS, 7.3, 6.0, 6.4. Ford kinda messed it up with the 6.7 when they started making the "minor" changes, but keeping the displacement.

I like this kind of format for the engines. I will agree the 6.7 gets a little murky but most engine things can apply on all 6.7s. Most of the parts are also interchangeable with some easier to do than others. Transmissions seem to have decent breaks too. The suspension/exterior/interior is where there can be a lot of crossover from engine types. 7.3, 6.0, 6.4 and early 6.7 all have some crossover.

Shaggy

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I like this kind of format for the engines. I will agree the 6.7 gets a little murky but most engine things can apply on all 6.7s. Most of the parts are also interchangeable with some easier to do than others. Transmissions seem to have decent breaks too. The suspension/exterior/interior is where there can be a lot of crossover from engine types. 7.3, 6.0, 6.4 and early 6.7 all have some crossover.

So keep it the way it is now? I'm fine with it staying as is, but just wanted thoughts on it really.

6.7Bison

Reaction score
So keep it the way it is now? I'm fine with it staying as is, but just wanted thoughts on it really.
I think I am liking something similar to what https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/ has where they don't break up stock from aftermarket sections on the engine side. They also break down other areas a little more to make it slightly easier to find what you are looking for. I wouldn't say we would need one for each "generation" of truck so something like a single wheels/tires/brakes or transmissions/transfercases/axles could work especially with as much overlap as there is in the trucks. It wouldn't be a big change from where we are today but may help categorize a little better for where to post or find a certain topic. I would be fine with it staying as is too as I don't have a terrible time navigating.

Latest posts

Members online