Where to get oil cooler checked?

lucasm12798

Reaction score
Ok, I recently rebuilt my powerstroke engine. When we rebuilt it, we had the block magnafluxed and the heads checked over by one of the best diesel engine head repair guys. This seemingly eliminated all possibilities of us having a leaking head or cracked block. We've been running the engine for about 5,000 miles now. There is still a coolant leak into the oil. :-( we have no idea what to do now. I have done some research, and one thing that came up the most was that the oil cooler could leak some coolant into the oil. So, my question is, where can I have the oil cooler checked out? Or, do we just have to get a new one? Any other ideas of where this leak could be, into the oil, would be appreciated along with any suggestions to where the oil cooler could be checked out. Thank you!

Magnum PD

Reaction score
As long as you didn't put 50 lbs of boost on it the first time you started it, I'd look at the oil cooler.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
As long as you didn't put 50 lbs of boost on it the first time you started it, I'd look at the oil cooler.

And what is wrong with putting 50lbs of boost on it? The best best way to seat the rings.

When I rebuild motors, I verify oil pressure/timing and there are no leaks.....then it's pedal to the floor or break the motors in on a dyno (engine or chassis).

Billy T.
[email protected]

Magnum PD

Reaction score
If you used the factory head gasket, it should "bake in" for a while.

I cleaned out the cooler and put new o-rings in it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.