Which fuel tank is this?

greenwhite1

Reaction score
I was at the junkyard this weekend getting my hydro boost parts and saw this tank. What I do know is it was in a 94 F-Superduty diesel. The measurents are 26"x17"x16" or there about (width x depth x height). Anyone know how many gallons this will hold? I believe the extra hose is the newer breather style like people do for the 'Big rig filler neck mod'. The filler neck was gone so I couldn't see for sure. Also is the breather vent in the last picture the correct one I would need to do the big rig mod? I called and the MTS 33 gallon tank size is 31 7/8" x 22 1/4" x 15 3/4". Even if this tank is too small for me I would think the pickup line, return line, and float would be the proper length for the MTS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk now Free

greenwhite1

Reaction score
I didn't realize my photos didn't upload and when I tried again it still failed. How big of pictures can be uploaded? Or what else could I be doing wrong?

old man dave

Reaction score
Are you listing the correct dimensions for the tank? Go to http://Rockauto.com and look up the truck. Rockauto lists the tanks for a F-SuperDuty and does not list one with the dimensions you have given.

If the rollover valve has a large vent hose coming off of the tank, then its the right one. The rollover valves with the small vent line are not, the tanks on these use a vent hose internal to the filler hose.

Last edited:

greenwhite1

Reaction score
The dimensions are close and I checked several fuel tank suppliers and couldn't find any that were close. There was maybe four of these trucks there and they all had the same rear fuel tank.

greenwhite1

Reaction score
How do post pictures on here through tapatalk? When I try adding a picture it says the download failed. Also how big of a picture is allowed. I tried resizing and still didn't work

greenwhite1

Reaction score
I swear I'm not a retard but I finally got it. Here are the pictures of the tank.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381839913302.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381839913302.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 60

greenwhite1

Reaction score
Seems I can only do one at a time tho.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381840075888.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381840075888.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 46

greenwhite1

Reaction score
I did the measurements for the F-Superduty fuel tank and also came up with 30 gallons. I have a hard time believing it is that big. So I did the measurements for the Broncograveyard 33 gallon Bronco fuel tank and mathematically it show it is 42 gallons. That is what got my wondering how big this tank actually is.

The skid plate on the F-Superduty hangs down much farther than my 350. It has been a long time since I've read a post on the Bronco fuel tank mod but if my memory serves me I thought the stock skid plate needs to be dropped down with longer bolts. Do you think that would work with this tank? I didn't get the skid plate or straps that went with the tank because they were rusty and would require a torch to remove the bolts.

greenwhite1

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of the tank in the truck.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381884841860.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381884841860.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 50

Latest posts

Members online