Tuner selection

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
I've been lookin at buying a 6.7 pretty hard, and making my 6.0 a full time puller. I've found a few I like but I had a few questions. If I get one it will get a cai, egr and dpf deletes, and a tuner. My question is what tuner is the best, spartan(warhammer), sct(innovative), or h&s. I'd love to hear some Dyno numbers and track times to compare

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mpoage

Reaction score
Spartan and H&S will delete the dpf where as the Innovative tunes will not. Personally I would go with the H&S, with the MCC software thats coming out for it and shift on the fly I just dont think you can beat it.

Chris

Reaction score
Ill second the H&S. it has the potential to be custom tuned as well, so its really the best option out there. On top of it, H&S's programming out of the box is honestly really good.

On the 6.7s we've dynoed they typically do 440-465 at the rears depending on tire size and gear ratio. a truck with stock tires, or larger tires and gears that get it back to a stockish ratio consistently do 460-465. stock trucks tend to be around 360, so its a solid 100 horse gain at the rears.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
I'm running the H&S mini max with KEM off road running. I'm fixing to start messing with the MCC stuff from H&S. as for my .02 it's H&S hands down as of right now that is for the 6.7 trucks.

Super Stroke

Reaction score
I run Sparten on my 11. I love it. I have 54000 tuned miles without one problem. On the dyno twice, rolled 498 and 494hp and 1118 and 1089torque. I pulled mine 13 times this summer and did pretty well for just a tuned truck.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I really like my Mini Max I have blend mount and it tucks right above the rear view mirror and is out of the way. It will be interesting to see if other companies start making custom tunes with the MCC stuff out. I don't trust myself enough to tune my own truck though. The H&S will have more flexibility for sure.

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
The extra 40hp for the spartan peaks my interest a little more than shift on the fly on the h&s. lol

Idiesel

Reaction score
The extra 40hp for the spartan peaks my interest a little more than shift on the fly on the h&s. lol

But as soon as more people mess with the MCC tuning, H&S should be making more power and tune to what you like and your driving style.

Sent from my iPhone

Purdue_stroker

Reaction score
This is the first I've heard of the mcc tuning. What is it, and who all is tuning with it?

Idiesel

Reaction score
It's custom tuning for your H&S, it gives you the ability to adjust your engine parameters and anyone can tune with it. More people and shops will probably start messing with it soon bc it hasn't been out long.

Sent from my iPhone

mysticblu999

Reaction score
I'm running the H&S mini max with KEM off road running. I'm fixing to start messing with the MCC stuff from H&S. as for my .02 it's H&S hands down as of right now that is for the 6.7 trucks.

What do you think of the newest update for the KEM offroad tunes?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Bigcountry250

Reaction score
Go with H&S hands down best turner in my opinion. My 6.7 dynoed 532hp with just tuner and 5" exhaust.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
What do you think of the newest update for the KEM offroad tunes?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

i have no complaints. im on a 4.5" lift and 35s and with the added wight of the lift and my bumpers i can still run 70+ mph down the highway and still knock down 19+ mpgs

WHY NOT

Reaction score
i have no complaints. im on a 4.5" lift and 35s and with the added wight of the lift and my bumpers i can still run 70+ mph down the highway and still knock down 19+ mpgs

Is that hand calculated? last time I had them on my truck the dash said over 20mpg but was really only getting like 13. Any boost surge?
I have an off road card sitting here I just wanted to run the H&S for a few tanks since I deleted a truck to see what they behave like so I have something to compare to.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
Is that hand calculated? last time I had them on my truck the dash said over 20mpg but was really only getting like 13. Any boost surge?
I have an off road card sitting here I just wanted to run the H&S for a few tanks since I deleted a truck to see what they behave like so I have something to compare to.

yes sir that is, i dont go off of what the dash says cause my dash says im getting like 15.5 right now, but when i fill up tomorrow and hand calc it ill be in the 17-18 range but ive been doing tons of city driving this week

T.R.P.

Reaction score
I've seen two computers get ruined after installing the Spartan. I love the H&S and my customers and friends do as well.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Yes sir, on Rudy's dyno

Not knocking your numbers or H&S tuning, but it is pretty well known that Rudy's dyno reads on the high side. My stock turbo and stock fuel 6.4 did 637 at the rear wheels on their dyno early last year. The next morning it did 594 on a different dyno at their shop/dyno day, and that was much closer to what it should have been.

I think most people would also agree that 532 horsepower with out of the box tuning on a 6.7L with stock fuel and stock turbo is a little on the high side. 480-500 is a lot closer to normal.

Jayz

Reaction score
Not knocking your numbers or H&S tuning, but it is pretty well known that Rudy's dyno reads on the high side. My stock turbo and stock fuel 6.4 did 637 at the rear wheels on their dyno early last year. The next morning it did 594 on a different dyno at their shop/dyno day, and that was much closer to what it should have been.

I think most people would also agree that 532 horsepower with out of the box tuning on a 6.7L with stock fuel and stock turbo is a little on the high side. 480-500 is a lot closer to normal.

My thoughts exactly!