Northeastern PA

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Anyone near there? I just took a job up there. Sranton I believe. I have to be at my union hall 8a.m. monday morning which is in wilkes barre and then will be out that way to do paperwork. If its a decent job I should be there a few months.

live life full throttle

rat49f6

Reaction score
Bout 2 hours from us pretty straight shot out 84 east... Come see and wrench in swagger one weekend

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Im not 100% sure where the job is exactly. The company is Par and they are building a 500kv highline near scranton I think.

If it is scranton, are there any cheap hotels there?

Would like to check out swagger for sure.. the job is supposed to be 6 days a week 10+hrs a day.

live life full throttle

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
Cheap hotels? Maybe, there's a lot of gas workers around here so avoid hotels that have them there otherwise the price will be astronomical.

dsberman94

Reaction score
Just stay away from 20 miles north of Scranton and you'll be fine for a cheap hotel or apartment with short term lease. The gas companies are up north.

jr6968

Reaction score
Par has a old dealership building up in Clarks summit pa that they are working out of.

thats prolly where your going?? I can prolly get you hooked up at a nice hotel right in Cl at the ramada. Let me know when your coming??

powerstrokedkid87

Reaction score
theres a quality in or econo lodge I believe the next exit up from the university, theres also a Radisson right in Scranton....both are not bad...

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Par has a old dealership building up in Clarks summit pa that they are working out of.

thats prolly where your going?? I can prolly get you hooked up at a nice hotel right in Cl at the ramada. Let me know when your coming??

Appreciate the offer.. but I guess I wont be there..

I called the union hall and they told me that there is two different showups for par and they dont know which one ill be going to. When I go do my new hire paperwork they will tell me which one ill be going to.
One is in Dunmore which is basically scranton and the other one is in greentown which is west and a little south of scranton maybe a half hour or so.. I get 75 dollars a day per diem for the 6 days that i work so I would like to find something for less then that a night if possible...

Thanks again fellas.

live life full throttle

dsberman94

Reaction score
Oh ok. I don't need to see it I was just hoping that wasn't what you called your truck. I had a bagged and body dropped s10 before this truck so I know the feeling and what they can do. Mine would throw the back tires off the ground by a few inches.

rat49f6

Reaction score
Somebody else named the truck about 5 years ago before or was w common term and it kinda stuck. I beleive his quite was "fck that thing has swag"

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Oh ok. I don't need to see it I was just hoping that wasn't what you called your truck. I had a bagged and body dropped s10 before this truck so I know the feeling and what they can do. Mine would throw the back tires off the ground by a few inches.

Wtf? Why would you want your tires to come off the ground?

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Appreciate the offer.. but I guess I wont be there..

I called the union hall and they told me that there is two different showups for par and they dont know which one ill be going to. When I go do my new hire paperwork they will tell me which one ill be going to.
One is in Dunmore which is basically scranton and the other one is in greentown which is west and a little south of scranton maybe a half hour or so.. I get 75 dollars a day per diem for the 6 days that i work so I would like to find something for less then that a night if possible...

Thanks again fellas.

live life full throttle

Im retarded. Greenstown is southeast of scranton.

live life full throttle