pillar gauges

strokin6L

Reaction score
I have a buddy who is buying his sons 6.7...2014 I believe. It already has a 5" dpf delete exhaust, egr deleted, intake and an H&S mini max. He told me he want's a 3 gauge pod for the pillar for egt, boost and trans temp...and then just use the mini max for tuning and displaying oil temp and coolant temp. That's how he has his 6L setup(using an edge insight for EOT and ECT) and really likes it...and wants the 6.7 the same way. I know with these new 6.7's...guys are just using digital monitors rather than pillar gauges. But is there anyone that has pillar gauges on their 6.7? Not too familiar with the 6.7's...I'm more of 6L guy.

6.7powerstroke

Reaction score

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 299

powerstroke22

Reaction score
I bought the auto meter at first but couldn't get it to fit right. That was a couple years ago maybe they have revised them.

The SPE one you can get without gauges in black or grey for $65...

strokin6L

Reaction score
Cool thanks guys! Now with my zero knowledge with the 6.7's.....do you hafta drill and tap the intake and exhaust manifolds for the gauges? You guys got any pics of the install on the location of where you tapped into?

strokin6L

Reaction score
http://spediesel.com/ford-67l-(11-1...e-triple-pillar-pod-and-gauge-combo#container

Here you go a triple gauge set up with the h&s mini max holder on it .. I love this set up currently don't have it but want it ...I just haven't pulled the trigger on it myself

I'm kinda confused by this pic.... Is there 3 gauges plus the mini max in this pic....or 2 gauges plus the mini max? I only see 2 gauges and the mini max....but can't tell if the mini max is hiding the third gauge?

6.7powerstroke

Reaction score
I'm kinda confused by this pic.... Is there 3 gauges plus the mini max in this pic....or 2 gauges plus the mini max? I only see 2 gauges and the mini max....but can't tell if the mini max is hiding the third gauge?

3 gauge set up with the mini max mounted up top.. It all so comes with all the gauges in that set up

strokin6L

Reaction score
3 gauge set up with the mini max mounted up top.. It all so comes with all the gauges in that set up

Ok cool...thanks! The pic is kinda deceiving...looked like only 2 gauges and the mini max haha. I'd rather it didn't come with gauges....this way he can get the ones he wants.

strokin6L

Reaction score
I just looked at that 3 gauge/mini max combo pod on SPE's website...says it comes with gauges but they only list 2 gauges that it comes with...0-1600 pyro and a 0-60 boost gauge. Doesn't mention anything about a 3rd gauge.

6.7powerstroke

Reaction score
I just looked at that 3 gauge/mini max combo pod on SPE's website...says it comes with gauges but they only list 2 gauges that it comes with...0-1600 pyro and a 0-60 boost gauge. Doesn't mention anything about a 3rd gauge.

Yeah I see that might give them a call an see if it is a 3 or 2 gauge set up but I don't see why they would sell just the mount set up with out the gauges

stevens6.7

Reaction score
I as well have the SPE pillar. It's a nice fit! I hope they can get you setup or answer you about that 3rd gauge!

MEDIC350

Reaction score
people usually use the egt probe bung that comes with most egr block off kits..as far as the boost just get a steel bung and have it welded to the CAC pipe

strokin6L

Reaction score
people usually use the egt probe bung that comes with most egr block off kits..as far as the boost just get a steel bung and have it welded to the CAC pipe

There's gotta be an easier way to get a boost reading for a mechanical boost gauge than welding a bung to the CAC pipe.

Latest posts

Members online