question/tips/tricks/advice/how to thread

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Anyone know if the seat can be greased? Mine creaks sometimes as I'm driving, mainly the seat back part. Doesn't help my 315lb ass sitting there everyday. Also don't want the inside smelling like grease or other stuff. Any help would be appreciated.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Every time I change the filter I think about adding some sort of protection. This just confirms that I should actually do it. I'm really surprised this hasn't happened more often. Time to go rummage through the scrap pile.

This is what I have so far. Might not stop a boulder or a big ass lim of a tree but its big enough too stop rocks, dirt, debris, and small branches from attacking it. Hope it will hang low enough that it will stop all the ice and snow from building up in the drain hole too.. all I have to do yet is weld a small piece of angle iron on the opening side and bolt it to the frame, paint it, and cut off that piece on the bottom. I might even have it big enough to be able to change the filter without taking it off but I dont think im gonna try it...
y2ypy3up.jpg
uhagebar.jpg

Anyone know if the seat can be greased? Mine creaks sometimes as I'm driving, mainly the seat back part. Doesn't help my 315lb ass sitting there everyday. Also don't want the inside smelling like grease or other stuff. Any help would be appreciated.

try some wd40 or cooking spray

live life full throttle

sagebel

Reaction score
This is what I have so far. Might not stop a boulder or a big ass lim of a tree but its big enough too stop rocks, dirt, debris, and small branches from attacking it. Hope it will hang low enough that it will stop all the ice and snow from building up in the drain hole too.. all I have to do yet is weld a small piece of angle iron on the opening side and bolt it to the frame, paint it, and cut off that piece on the bottom. I might even have it big enough to be able to change the filter without taking it off but I dont think im gonna try it...

live life full throttle

You have made it much further than I have. Nothing suitable in my scrap pile except some flat stock and angle.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
You have made it much further than I have. Nothing suitable in my scrap pile except some flat stock and angle.

Done and mounted..
7adu7aqy.jpg
uzure3av.jpg
ameqe2yp.jpg
9y8azyzy.jpg

Anyone know if these are on all Sony systems or are they package specific ie Platinum/Lariat etc?

I have no clue.. its part of the premium sound package. Check behind the back seat.

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Looks like you can do a filter change without removing anything too. :clapping:

This is my way of saying that I am going to copy you.

Thats kinda what I was shooting for but won't know till I try.. but thats not for about 10k miles or so... thats fine by me! Would hate to have it happen to anyone else.....

How did you mount it? Looks like bolted, were the holes existing?
Would you be willing to make me a guard like yours? For a fee of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just drilled 2 holes and bolted it on.. I dont think I have anymore scrap laying around... im gonna run this for a while and see how well it holds up and see if anyone else has issues.. this is super thin metal so I might change it to something thicker.. might make a few or maybe a vendor will see it and pick up the idea if there is any demand for it... I havn't had the truck a full year yet so I figured I better do something...

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Anyone know how the chrome plastic piece is held on the rims? Thinking of taking it off.. im getting sick of all the chrome on mine and I dont want new rims. I live 3 miles from the nearest paved road so its always dirty.

live life full throttle

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Anyone know if these are on all Sony systems or are they package specific ie Platinum/Lariat etc?

Premium sound systems "Sony sound system" come with the sub woofer. Lariats come standard with the premium sound . Its not as good as the 08-10 premium sound though not enough bass. Lariats, Kingranch, platinums come standard with Sony sound systems.

Latest posts

Members online