Dt360 upgrades

ken6881

Reaction score
would never stay cool enough. thats a LOT of tq for it to handle. they are VERY stout for 300ft but would never last on the street.. hrt said the stock internals are good to near 800hp but that is on the pulling track..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

I agree long term street usage I dint see a zf5/6 being up to it.
I picked up a reman 6453 spicer for 888 shipped to my door

Hopefully it's up to the task 1.75" input shaft and 2.0" output.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

zf6 is close to that size in and out i think.. maybe not out....

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

ja_cain

Reaction score

Did yours come in one of those cool containers?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ken6881

Reaction score
1 3/8" input I'm pretty sure on the zf6. How is that Spicer gonna like aggressive shifting?

Suspect it won't like you cramming gears but I don't plan to hurry it between gears sled pulling will be a single gear and we only 1/8 mile race around here launch in second and go straight to 4th if it will stay on top the charger.

Meanwhile looking at my block. Cylinders 1&6 counter bores are cut deeper. Is this normal? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457297930.799178.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1457297939.617441.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Yes, I ran on street for a few months. I was running a 5spd Allison from a duramax behind it at the time. Then I pulled it to switch it to a 6spd. Needed lower highway rpm, but the 3.73s with 35s was perfect behind the Allison 1st gear pulling a load. I wouldn't recommend a manual trans, even though I prefer them in all aspects over an auto. I was 948/1863 on the dyno when I snapped the shaft in my hx52. Between that and rebuilding the trans to a 6spd, that was the end of that truck

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Suspect it won't like you cramming gears but I don't plan to hurry it between gears sled pulling will be a single gear and we only 1/8 mile race around here launch in second and go straight to 4th if it will stay on top the charger.

Meanwhile looking at my block. Cylinders 1&6 counter bores are cut deeper. Is this normal? View attachment 42515View attachment 42516

Depending on your engine mod list and rear end, don't even bother with a 2nd gear launch. Do 3rd!

ken6881

Reaction score
Need a set of wrist pin bushings or good rods if anyone can locate a set. I bought wrist pin bushings from ag kits and there not even close to being correct. There trying to figure it out but thought I would ask here.

ken6881

Reaction score
Bullet cams is going to grind me a cam for my dt360. Found a little more wear than I would like to see. On one lobe

ken6881

Reaction score
It was (cheap) priced up front. I told him the goals of the truck wanted to stay reliable so not to go crazy with lift but to help the motor breathe gave him a 800 hp goal and what turbo I was planning he told me not a problem just send the core to him and it would be done.
They do tractor pulling cams and regular gas cams had great experiences with them in the past on some friends mustangs.

ken6881

Reaction score
I don't think so but could always call and ask.

Pipewhiner

Reaction score
Anything you need to know about dt360 for a build, let me know. I've been pioneering performance for them for a while now. Jimdawg has my first dt360. That one was built for 900+ HP daily driving/heavy tow in mind. I'm currently working on a 444 stroker kit for one. Don't waste your money on Carson, Colt or scheid. All of which are over priced. I know much better

is pioneering doing something 2 years after its already been done?

ken6881

Reaction score
Finally found a shop to do my rods should be done today