What Do You Tow?

dangerous1

Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1440627900981.jpg

dangerous1

Reaction score
I see. Definitely wasn't you up there then. How did you decide to run the obs over the other setup's you've had?

Buried myself in debt with trucks, trailers and bad drivers. Wanted to back to simplicity. Found it in the OBS and just me driving.
Ive put well over 200k in the drivers seat on that truck. Just under $30,000 into it to date.

Last edited:

Mark13

Reaction score
Buried myself in debt with trucks, trailers and bad drivers. Wanted to back to simplicity. Found it in the OBS and just me driving.
Ive put well over 200k in the drivers seat on that truck. Just under $30,000 into it to date.

Sometimes that's the easiest way. I enjoy new stuff, but there's something comforting about an older, paid for, reliable truck that get's you home every time and you don't feel bad if it sits for a few days. New things are nice but if you're paying on it and it's sitting to much then that is a bad combination.

You probably run right through my area now and then but unless you get off 90 or 94 you won't be to close. If you run Rt 47 or Rt 14 through far northern, il (north of 90) then you'd be pretty close.

Lugger007

Reaction score
Talked for awhile and they were saying on a slow day they move around 20 trailers, sounded like they sell the hell out of some trailers. They had the best prices I could find anywhere which is why I made the drive up there to buy from them.

What's the name of the place and location? I'm in the market for a new trailer and would travel out of state for the right price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lugger007

Reaction score
What kind of trailer are you looking for?

Leaning towards a 7x14 dual axel dump for collection of firewood throughout the year.
Torn though if I should save the cash and just get a non dump similar size for less money.

dangerous1

Reaction score
Leaning towards a 7x14 dual axel dump for collection of firewood throughout the year.
Torn though if I should save the cash and just get a non dump similar size for less money.

Never did look at what brand dumps they have. But they will let you pickup direct from the factory. Good chance they are made somewhere around Elkhart Indiana.

Lugger007

Reaction score
Guess maybe its load trail out of TX. Suppose that doesn't help you

Yes it it load trail. Sean from autotoys called me shortly ago. We discussed a few trailers they had that I'm interested in. Their not exactly what I want but sometime cost trumps options.
Other issue is their 17 hrs from me, delivery or me going to get the trailer might negate any savings over purchasing locally.

Last edited:

oneton

Reaction score

Get what you want. It's cheaper to spend a lil more once and be done with it.than in 2 months kicking yourself for not getting what you want.

farm boy

Reaction score
My brothers '12 model with 17 rolls behind it. Pass anything but a fuel station.

Truck + Trailer + Hay = around 40k lbs. :fordoval:

Attachments

• hay2.jpg
    hay2.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 176