My Truck Update/Build

matt92idi

Reaction score
Im new to the forum here. (Been here awhile but never introduced myself) but id just want to give you a small update on how my new truck is coming along. Back in december i bought an 04 ccsb lariat with 117k on the clock that has all the bells and whistles except the sunroof. Im a current college kid at nc state so this build is gonna be pretty slow and on a college kid budget. I didn't buy the truck so much for what it was but more of what it had. It had already been studded, bulletproof egr and oil cooler, 4.5 bds lift, wheels and tires, edge tuner and a set of strobe lights and a 4" exhaust and down pipe and a aem CAI. It does have some rust being a jersey truck but the price was way to good to pass up.

So far on my personal list of upgrades is
Sct x3 with innovative tuning dynoed at 366 hp/666tq with extreme X on the 17s
Blue Spring update
RCD Egr delete (installing this week)
Small 10 inch Cree led light bar
20X12 Fuel Mavericks with 35inch mud grapplers
and led lights everywhere! ill post pictures later

So far I'm in love with this truck and I'm far from done but soon my plans are either a stage 3 (or 4) from barder or a s366 66/74/.91 with divided uppipes (I'm worried about the spool up with this set up) and a set of 225/100 along with all the other goods its gonna take to get there. Im no where close to done with this build until I'm at the 650-700hp mark with 35s on 20s.

how it looked when i bought it
04f250-1.jpg

how it looks now
04f2501.jpg

look down the side
04f2503.jpg

view from the top
04f2504.jpg

dyno numbers
04f2506.jpg

the led bar
04f2505.jpg

04 f350

Reaction score
Nice truck man! I have an 04 as well but two tone ext cab, were you at the rockingham diesel event yeaterday? I'm from NC as well an I saw you the dyno from dynojet and rememebered that they were there yesterday. Sounds like a good build, anything with that kinda power will need an upgraded tranny as well so keep that in mind, I have a barder stage 2 and love it so far, I'm sure either way you go will be well worth it. Good luck with the build. I would suggesta coolant filter to go along with what you have now.

black'n'blue

Reaction score
Looks good man. I'm slowly building my 05' but nowhere near to the extent of yours. Only difference is I bought mine totally stock. Good luck

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

matt92idi

Reaction score
Welcome from Rocky Mount, NC!

Nice looking truck. Do you ever plan to race it any or do you just want a fun truck for the road?

Drag and DD for now. There is a duramax guy who likes to talk alot of smack about fords in general who does some sled pulling so maybe pull a little too just to shut him up.

matt92idi

Reaction score
Nice truck man! I have an 04 as well but two tone ext cab, were you at the rockingham diesel event yeaterday? I'm from NC as well an I saw you the dyno from dynojet and rememebered that they were there yesterday. Sounds like a good build, anything with that kinda power will need an upgraded tranny as well so keep that in mind, I have a barder stage 2 and love it so far, I'm sure either way you go will be well worth it. Good luck with the build. I would suggesta coolant filter to go along with what you have now.

thanks man but Nope that wasn't me. I was driving home from obx yesterday. Im from maryland so i doubt you saw me lol but yeah iv heard nothing but good things from james and his product. A coolant filter is getting ordered after this next paycheck

matt92idi

Reaction score
Looks good man. I'm slowly building my 05' but nowhere near to the extent of yours. Only difference is I bought mine totally stock. Good luck

Thanks man I'm really happy with what i found with all the work being done especially the bulletproof oil cooler after looking up how much that was! :thumbsup:

black'n'blue

Reaction score
Over on the good ol eastern shore! in salisbury right outside of ocean city

Nice. Me and the fam will be down there next weekend for a lil getaway. Won't have the truck though. Taking the ol' lady's optima for the fuel mileage

matt92idi

Reaction score
Nice. Me and the fam will be down there next weekend for a lil getaway. Won't have the truck though. Taking the ol' lady's optima for the fuel mileage

Damn i was about to say i would meet you down there for a little havoc in OC but cops down there down care for diesel trucks or any type of hot rod really.

black'n'blue

Reaction score
Damn i was about to say i would meet you down there for a little havoc in OC but cops down there down care for diesel trucks or any type of hot rod really.

Yeah. Plus my baby momma b#tches every time I get on it because she hates my truck. I chock it up to her being jealous that my truck is faster than her 2013 turbo optima....lol

matt92idi

Reaction score
Yeah. Plus my baby momma b#tches every time I get on it because she hates my truck. I chock it up to her being jealous that my truck is faster than her 2013 turbo optima....lol

The day my girlfriend called my truck slow i did not have a single problem proving her wrong in a 8000 lbs truck

black'n'blue

Reaction score
Mine calls it a school bus, but when I step on it and do a rolling burnout, she just starts talking trash. She said something about us racing each other at the track, but I said no because that would just make her hate it more!

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Sounds like a fun build! Gonna need a trans though…lol. And a RCD HPOP.

Sounds like you made a good purchase though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk