My Truck Update/Build

matt92idi

Reaction score
Sounds like a fun build! Gonna need a trans though…lol. And a RCD HPOP.

Sounds like you made a good purchase though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yeah i know the trans and hpop will need addressing but it will all come with time.
366hp on stock turbo's and injectors with IDP's xtreme race tune??? That seems pretty low doesn't it?

I thought the dyno was kind of low. but it was before a corvette that has made 1200 before only made 800 on a detune but the owner didn't think it would be that low but also i did dyno with 35s.

Yea, it does, but Miles(acf6 iirc) has a vid, same tune I think, 35X. Could be dyno? Orrrr…?

I have a video i will upload later so you can see. To give a reference a truck with a mtw stage 2 and 190/30 only made 430ish

slc dzl

Reaction score
Sounds like a fun build! Gonna need a trans though…lol. And a RCD HPOP.

Sounds like you made a good purchase though!

Op's truck is a 04, a Rcd thumper are for late model engines.
Great looking build though :thumbsup::thumbsup:

matt92idi

Reaction score
LEDs for days

Here are some more pics of the leds though out the truck and i will have more to come soon.
Video with the strobes going. (These came with the truck.)
http://vid1012.photobucket.com/albums/af244/boggermatt93/IMG_1878.mp4
Picture of the led bar. Its super bright and awesome to have late night around the farm also the headlights are 5000k HIDs
04f2509.jpg

Led back up lights and turn signals are coming soon
04f2508.jpg

All dome lights are now led but i broke the back door light but one is still plenty bright for the whole truck
04f2507.jpg

As you can tell i like having led lighting lol

matt92idi

Reaction score
Well after a look around at some different turbos and calling a few different people i finally talked with matt at cutting edge and told him to put in a order for a 62fmw with the t4 up pipes. This will all being going on around thanksgiving when i have access to the shop and a fuel system that I'm designing will be used too. Anyone have experience making fuel systems?

05wh250

Reaction score
Not real complicated on the fuel system, I used rubber push-loc on the supply to the stock fuel bowl, and the return line. Used a rr from a former vendor.

matt92idi

Reaction score
Yeah I'm trying to figure out what fittings to use going in and out of the head. From what I've read you don't want to use cross drilled fittings but that is the only thing I can find that has the 12mm x 1.5 thread. I'm gonna make my whole rr and fuel system but wanna get some input before I go ordering parts

03cody

Reaction score
Im new to the forum here. (Been here awhile but never introduced myself) but id just want to give you a small update on how my new truck is coming along. Back in december i bought an 04 ccsb lariat with 117k on the clock that has all the bells and whistles except the sunroof. Im a current college kid at nc state so this build is gonna be pretty slow and on a college kid budget. I didn't buy the truck so much for what it was but more of what it had. It had already been studded, bulletproof egr and oil cooler, 4.5 bds lift, wheels and tires, edge tuner and a set of strobe lights and a 4" exhaust and down pipe and a aem CAI. It does have some rust being a jersey truck but the price was way to good to pass up.

So far on my personal list of upgrades is
Sct x3 with innovative tuning dynoed at 366 hp/666tq with extreme X on the 17s
Blue Spring update
RCD Egr delete (installing this week)
Small 10 inch Cree led light bar
20X12 Fuel Mavericks with 35inch mud grapplers
and led lights everywhere! ill post pictures later

So far I'm in love with this truck and I'm far from done but soon my plans are either a stage 3 (or 4) from barder or a s366 66/74/.91 with divided uppipes (I'm worried about the spool up with this set up) and a set of 225/100 along with all the other goods its gonna take to get there. Im no where close to done with this build until I'm at the 650-700hp mark with 35s on 20s.

how it looked when i bought it
04f250-1.jpg

how it looks now
04f2501.jpg

look down the side
04f2503.jpg

view from the top
04f2504.jpg

dyno numbers
04f2506.jpg

the led bar
04f2505.jpg

Did you have to do any trimming to clear your tires with the 12" wide wheels on?

matt92idi

Reaction score
Finally have some parts trickling in i picked up a prep kit from Marty along with a s362 with divided up pipes from Matt @ cutting edge. (Huge thanks!!) there will be some other small parts going on and maybe a dual 6.4 pump set up but other than that nothing huge until I get more funds in.
b13e1b2ec06f82c5bf67161ed5f856ac.jpg

matt92idi

Reaction score
Yeah I eventually wanna run a set of 175/75s or maybe even bigger but the end goal is a set of 225s with a s471 mm as a track set up and a s366 or s468 as a street set up.
The new turbo finally came in also.
fb72dc59b081ee8ec8c99cc9357895cd.jpg

Last edited:

matt92idi

Reaction score
Finally had time to pull the cab off the truck and get the turbo on along with a few others odds and ends. This turbo is awesome I can make 1 pound of boost at 1500rpm and when casually driving boost comes on about 1800rpm. While I had the cab off I did a full egr delete and did a set of prep lines from Marty's diesel which will allow me to do a complete full system later. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417368908.493481.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1417368952.398373.jpg

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Finally had time to pull the cab off the truck and get the turbo on along with a few others odds and ends. This turbo is awesome I can make 1 pound of boost at 1500rpm and when casually driving boost comes on about 1800rpm. While I had the cab off I did a full egr delete and did a set of prep lines from Marty's diesel which will allow me to do a complete full system later. View attachment 32667View attachment 32669
Looks awesome man. Marty's definitely had a great idea with that prep kit. Without reading through the rest of the thread..... what injectors are you running with that turbo right now?

matt92idi

Reaction score
Stock right now but will probably go with a set of 205/100s eventually. I'm just gonna go big and have fuel pulled out. The prep kit is nice but I wish I had the money for a full system. I have a boost leak some where but definitely impressed with it

matt92idi

Reaction score
So to bring this thread back from the dead I pulled the trigger on a set of 225/75s from holder and it brought the truck to life! Truck is so much fun to drive now even with a lot of fuel pulled out of the tune. I hate to say it but the girlfriend has been on me about my projects so until the trans says bye bye I'm done modding the truck. But eventually I will getting a warren or twisted trans, diesel site hpop, and a s367.7 but need to keep it pretty spool friendly until I can dedicate it to being a fun truck

matt92idi

Reaction score
Tsd all the way. I know a lot of people like gearhead but Chris's tunes have always shifted perfect and pulled harder then my innovative tunes

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.