best bang for the buck gauges?

wint

Reaction score
Seems as though its to late now but best bang for your buck is hands down GS. I have them and love them. Yea they are a little ricey since they change colors but you can set them to one color and leave them. People have trouble wiring them, its not that hard, just sit down and figure it out. As for customer service ive never had a problem with it. Heck, Ive never needed it! I got mine for 200 shipped with a pillar and 3 gauges ready to hook up. You cant beat that deal on brand new gauges. I think people might be a little upset that they can make them cheap and good. Just my 2 cents though.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
thats the plan, i was telling my dad about it and he pitched offered to pitch in a nice amount, so im gonna get the ev2's instead. soon as cary gets back to me ill be ordering,

is there anywhere to put the trans temp sensor in without dropping, then drilling and tapping the pan?

go figure i start out by asking what gauges i can get for cheap and i end up getting some off the top shelf LOL

Pyro... Drivers side manifold...

2795413470100112691S600x600Q85.jpg

Tranny temp... Drivers side test port, just infront of the shift linkage...

2150166200100112691S600x600Q85.jpg

Pstroke96

Reaction score

awesome! :thumbup::thumbup: that makes my life so much easier, i just flushed the trans about 2 weeks ago. the pyro looks about how i planned on it

wint

Reaction score

Ooooooor, it could be installed on the up-pipe collector. I can post pics in the AM if you'd like.

CSIPSD

Reaction score

With it there you are still reading only the drivers side.. Unless you whent in there and cut out the twin scroll part in the collector..

Valid point. But there would still be the radiant heat that would still read

Your not gaining anything installing it there, other then a pain in the butt to get to.

Your still only reading one side as was said above. You have a divided housing.

I have pyros on both sides, there is no need for it, they both read within 20-50 degrees of each other.

Arisley

Reaction score
Unless of course something happens to one head. Then you can tell which head has the problem. Actually Joe, I thought you had an EGT guage for each individual cylinder. LOL

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Unless of course something happens to one head. Then you can tell which head has the problem. Actually Joe, I thought you had an EGT guage for each individual cylinder. LOL

LOL... NO.

But this is true, and has helpped me from time to time, but if your on the drivers side and its running like chit, and the EGT's are "normal" then you know to look on the passanger side, and vise versa.

Pstroke96

Reaction score
i got my gauges in today, awesome, i cant wait to get them in, hopefully sunday, anybody have any tips or hints to make it go as smooth as possible? also where can i get the paint to do the pillar?

Austin

Reaction score
I would have ordered the paint with the gauges, but you can get it from most of the vendors on here that sell gauges. Hell even Joe could probably get a hold of some for you.

And these gauges were 10x easier to install than autometers, find a write up, print it off, or take the laptop outside and consult as necessary.

I think it took me 3 hours from start to finish, including painting, making the wires all pretty, etc.

Pstroke96

Reaction score
yeah that would have been a good idea but its to late now. i dont think it will be hard at all i looked over the diagrams that they came with. i plan to do a how too for the rest of the folks on here since its such commonplace to do gauges. i didnt see one on here yet

Pstroke96

Reaction score
si im starting assembling everything so tommorow will be easier. i have all the gauge wires attached but the pyro, theres a blue piece of nomex with a yellow, red, and a bare wire. the red and the yellow come out the other side, but the bare, which is the ground doesnt. what do i have to do with it? or is it already grounded to the gauge or something? its the ground for the sensor not the gauge itself

a quick reply would be nice, thanks guys

Worstenemy453

Reaction score
I have glowshifts. Fuel pressure, EGT, boost, trans. There the 7 color tinted series. My buddy has the white face ones. I love them. My buddy likes them too. I will get pics later for you. I paid $335 for my whole set. I got them from complete performance.

Yikes, sounds like you got robbed. I think you can get them way cheaper just from glowshift's site.

Worstenemy453

Reaction score
Glowshifts are a great product for a great price. Plain and simple. Autometers are nice, i ran their carbon fibers in my IDI. Isspro makes some nice looking gauges. Its all in personal preference and budget.