Buying a 6.0 Saturday, parts list?

Strokersace

Reaction score
Just remember though Derek, the SD weighs more than the OBS, so 500 rwhp may not feel the same in the SD. You'll just have to do more and more so before you know it, it'll be 600hp!!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

powerSmokin

Reaction score
I am wanting to do a billet grill with some clear headlights. Anyone have some links or options? Not doing a 05 conversion, just want clears or smoked.

powerSmokin

Reaction score
Here is what I did, junked my chrome one and picked up a plain grille for 30 bucks. I will be painting the chrome bumper white and doing smoked lights. Will really bring it together!
EB5B9690-E5C0-4720-8B2F-DF8BDD1243C1_zpsusrmy7g6.jpg

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Why not do an 05 front? Imo, it'd look better if you're going to paint match. All white grill and bumper looks bad on a white/tan truck imo(applies to any 2 tone).

powerSmokin

Reaction score
Why not do an 05 front? Imo, it'd look better if you're going to paint match. All white grill and bumper looks bad on a white/tan truck imo(applies to any 2 tone).

I don't see the point in spending that kind of coin on a front end. If I wanted that type I would have bought that year. I like the classic superduty look but with a hint of creativity. I just don't want my truck looking like everyone else's when it comes to front ends.

The grille will stay black but the chrome left on the bumper is going white. I could never do an all white front end but I would like to put the smoked lights in to see how it looks with the chrome still there.

powerSmokin

Reaction score
Getting my Atlas 40 tune today, I also added a Barder stage 1.5 to my list....:). After I get the studs of course. Towed and ran the truck quite a bit on the weekends and it hasn't missed a beat, just running the mild street tune from spartan on here. I was thinking I had to sell it to get a house but I think I'm gonna keep it. I'm a little too pleased with it.

The one thing I did notice is at 3000 rpms or so when getting on it, it tends to do this weird flutter turbo sound wise? I'm thinking some air is escaping out if one of the boots? New boots are on my list.

05stroker350

Reaction score
Getting my Atlas 40 tune today, I also added a Barder stage 1.5 to my list....:). After I get the studs of course. Towed and ran the truck quite a bit on the weekends and it hasn't missed a beat, just running the mild street tune from spartan on here. I was thinking I had to sell it to get a house but I think I'm gonna keep it. I'm a little too pleased with it.

The one thing I did notice is at 3000 rpms or so when getting on it, it tends to do this weird flutter turbo sound wise? I'm thinking some air is escaping out if one of the boots? New boots are on my list.

Subbed. My truck does this too occasionally.

JGman141

Reaction score

More than likely its turbo surge

powerSmokin

Reaction score
Scanned the truck with an AE and watched all my readings. Oil cooler seems to be working great. Studs and egr delete are in hand and going in January. Truck is getting a T500 hpop in case I decide to go with much larger sticks later on. After I order my tuner and custom tunes from Vivian during tax time, I'll be done with this truck for the year.

powerSmokin

Reaction score
Well turns out my surging was just the fuel cutout from the tunes I have. I have Quick Tricks tunes now. They are really good! Also had the truck studded, egr deleted, 6.4 banjo bolts, and T500 hpop installed. Those things really brought the tunes to life and it now pulls harder on the bottom end!

All done with the mods I wanted!