Build thread, Triple Turbo 6.7L Race truck build

Dzchey21

Reaction score
60 foots were still in the 1.5s but obviously for a low 10 you would like to see 1.4x times if not better. Slicks will help but i dont think 4 link will help that much.

jcain

Reaction score
Slicks will probably hurt et. I think they're on the right track going to a dr

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Do it like the Ams Gtr with slicks on the back but more of a street tire in the front. Does anyone know how much the weight transfers on a 4wd truck? If you can get the rear end to hook you only need the front to launch so why not run a lighter more narrow tire in the front?

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
We will Probly be back halfing it will a custom rear but will still be keeping 4 wheel drive as well

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Do it like the Ams Gtr with slicks on the back but more of a street tire in the front. Does anyone know how much the weight transfers on a 4wd truck? If you can get the rear end to hook you only need the front to launch so why not run a lighter more narrow tire in the front?

We will Probly be back halfing it will a custom rear but will still be keeping 4 wheel drive as well

It transfers alot more than you would think. The 4wd portion is just more forgiving when things or the track don't hook like they should.

IMHO craig is making the right move staying 4wd and back half to get the rear tires inward and planted better. Obviously 2wd would cut serious weight but is it worth it? Depends if you ask me.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
The only reason these trucks don't seem like they transfer weight is because they weren't designed to.. The truck was designed to resist squatting, but with a back half you can adjust that however you want with coil overs

Jonnydime

Reaction score
Just to be clear I was not suggesting going to two wheel drive. I was just suggesting running a narrower lighter tire on the front and a slick/drag radial on the rear.

Bobby@MPD

Reaction score
Usually a narrower tire is taller, so we wouldn't gain much because than your trying to throw around more rubber.

Dan

Reaction score
Not that it needs to but do you think it would rev out further. Bearings say it will

Just for reference: my setup, shift points were set at 4700rpm and saw as high as 5000 rpm... For my particular truck with the cam it had, it was starting to come alive at 4k+ rpm on the street. i have not seen a dyno sheet to tell where peak power is being made, that's just by feel! Rpm ftw

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
That is a horrible can setup for a street truck. That's crazy rpm for what reason lol. Craig did bring his over 4300 on a few pulls on the dyno

Dan

Reaction score
That is a horrible can setup for a street truck. That's crazy rpm for what reason lol. Craig did bring his over 4300 on a few pulls on the dyno

It's exactly what I wanted! :)

It would be interesting to know whether a cam change and an extra 500 rpm would get you to the end of the track quicker, or if it would make no differance

madman1234509

Reaction score
Just for reference: my setup, shift points were set at 4700rpm and saw as high as 5000 rpm... For my particular truck with the cam it had, it was starting to come alive at 4k+ rpm on the street. i have not seen a dyno sheet to tell where peak power is being made, that's just by feel! Rpm ftw

I HIGHLY doubt your cam had anything to do with you're truck feeling as if it came alive above 4000 rpm. I'm sure it had everything to do with how crazy big your high pressure turbo is, and then the atmosphere on top of it. A cam causing one of these trucks to feel like it has a significant amount of more power up top in the range you're stating, is a cam that you're looking at strictly sled pulling or drag racing the truck, because it wouldn't be street friendly at all.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
I HIGHLY doubt your cam had anything to do with you're truck feeling as if it came alive above 4000 rpm. I'm sure it had everything to do with how crazy big your high pressure turbo is, and then the atmosphere on top of it. A cam causing one of these trucks to feel like it has a significant amount of more power up top in the range you're stating, is a cam that you're looking at strictly sled pulling or drag racing the truck, because it wouldn't be street friendly at all.
Both of my turbos are bigger than dans and have Bigger exhaust housings and spool perfect and normally a cam does move your power around and make it laggy in lower rpms... If dan would have went with a colt cam design he Probly would have alot better results

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
Both of my turbos are bigger than dans and have Bigger exhaust housings and spool perfect and normally a cam does move your power around and make it laggy in lower rpms... If dan would have went with a colt cam design he Probly would have alot better results

Dan an I have the same cam... My truck makes all of its power before 3500RPM...

Members online

No members online now.