Build thread, Triple Turbo 6.7L Race truck build

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Rod bearings looks like they took a ton of abuse but the mains look great!!!

Did the wrist pin lock up or is a rod bent?
Yes they did but they would have been good for a while

No wrist pin lock up or bent rod that I can tell I sent them back to R&R to have inspected

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Upper rod bearing look worse than they are because they are black to start with

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
So the crank was a 1/2" off but no bent rod? Impressive... still sucks though.

Did it tear up the block or is it salvageable?

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
So the crank was a 1/2" off but no bent rod? Impressive... still sucks though.

Did it tear up the block or is it salvageable?
No I was jumping to conclusions when I first tore it apart the upper ring was worn out so bad the carbon mark was 1/2 lower than the other 7 cylinders nothing was bent just don't know what happen to the cylinder or if it's cracked

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
No I was jumping to conclusions when I first tore it apart the upper ring was worn out so bad the carbon mark was 1/2 lower than the other 7 cylinders nothing was bent just don't know what happen to the cylinder or if it's cracked
10-4 Thanks for clarifying.

ThreeFitty

Reaction score
Man, this is such a sick build. Looking forward to seeing what you uncover even further

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Yes they did but they would have been good for a while

No wrist pin lock up or bent rod that I can tell I sent them back to R&R to have inspected

Oh without a doubt they would have ran much longer. Very impressive at 1200+ for as many passes. Thats a stock piston right? I've seen Ls motors do the same thing and widening the ring gap helps under a lot of boost

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
We run a full manual valvebody in our 47re swap only electronics is for lock up and overdrive and honestly we have a hard getting traction as it is just launching at 15psi

Dzchey21

Reaction score
So whats the story on how many rpm and valve train up grades on this thing? I have been curious since they went to the dual push rod single lifter, dual rocker set up on these engines how that was all working out. I think they made the right move on the stamped rockers and no valve bridges.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
So whats the story on how many rpm and valve train up grades on this thing? I have been curious since they went to the dual push rod single lifter, dual rocker set up on these engines how that was all working out. I think they made the right move on the stamped rockers and no valve bridges.
Shifting at around 4k and motor has Hamilton pushrods and valve springs

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
It would but there was no power we are going to put a bigger cam in this year so we should be able to go to 4500 or higher hipefully

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
what are you gonna do about the traction? do you just floor it or pedal till she bites? have you thought about a boost controller?
Hit lockup as soon as the comes off the line and tires start to spin and it hooks after that
And we were also running nitto 420 this year and will switch to a drag radial next year

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.