13-16 Spartan tuning

ccmac

Reaction score
What is the reasoning for only programming over stock tunes?

My pickup was deleted by the dealer i purchased it from, but i dont have the ability to return to stock. He uses h and s xrts then just puts a stock power leavel dpf deleted tune on and sells the dpfs. I was fully aware of all of this and for the price i paid i could have cared less. I Spoke with spartan customer service and they told me that i would have to take my pickup to a ford dealer to have a stock file flashed before i could tune a spartan file on.

Reaction score

My pickup was deleted by the dealer i purchased it from, but i dont have the ability to return to stock. He uses h and s xrts then just puts a stock power leavel dpf deleted tune on and sells the dpfs. I was fully aware of all of this and for the price i paid i could have cared less. I Spoke with spartan customer service and they told me that i would have to take my pickup to a ford dealer to have a stock file flashed before i could tune a spartan file on.

Sct is the same way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Similar or same as the set up for the 2011-2012's? I liked the fact I did not have unplug everything under the hood to have things work. Just don't like have open plugs to corrode.

Matt would need to clarify on the 2015, but the updated 2011-12 tuning, as well as the new 2013-14 tuning, will have some new EGR delete functions (ECT2 sensor now shut off for example). Those who wish to install an aftermarket intercooler pipe will also be able to do so with the new tuning without having to worry about a code and reduced power mode due to removing the throttle body.

jcain

Reaction score

Because Spartan downloads and retains your actual stock tune.

sledhead_24_7

Reaction score
Matt would need to clarify on the 2015, but the updated 2011-12 tuning, as well as the new 2013-14 tuning, will have some new EGR delete functions (ECT2 sensor now shut off for example). Those who wish to install an aftermarket intercooler pipe will also be able to do so with the new tuning without having to worry about a code and reduced power mode due to removing the throttle body.

Nice info!!

sledhead_24_7

Reaction score
The stock file is very important "if" you ever need to visit the dealer. They plug in their diagnostic stuff, find the file you have foes not match what Ford has on file for a stock code. Their computer goes into full on lock out/ down mode. And if the tech is not paying to close attention it will send the info strait to Ford. Then all bets are off. Even if you went in for a simple oil change and happen to plug in.....

Stock file is real important

Reaction score
The stock file is very important "if" you ever need to visit the dealer. They plug in their diagnostic stuff, find the file you have foes not match what Ford has on file for a stock code. Their computer goes into full on lock out/ down mode. And if the tech is not paying to close attention it will send the info strait to Ford. Then all bets are off. Even if you went in for a simple oil change and happen to plug in.....

Stock file is real important

Yeah.....no. I've had my IDS, always the latest updates, plugged into quite a few deleted 6.7s and this doesn't happen.

The only thing that can happen if you take your deleted truck to the dealer, and the tech is a complete idiot, is they flash over the delete tune with the latest update from Ford. This will only let the truck start once if the temp sensor are unplugged, however, the ECM is not locked out or anything. Simple reflash of the delete tune and the truck runs again.

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Yeah.....no. I've had my IDS, always the latest updates, plugged into quite a few deleted 6.7s and this doesn't happen.

The only thing that can happen if you take your deleted truck to the dealer, and the tech is a complete idiot, is they flash over the delete tune with the latest update from Ford. This will only let the truck start once if the temp sensor are unplugged, however, the ECM is not locked out or anything. Simple reflash of the delete tune and the truck runs again.

which they can't do if the truck has a Spartan tune loaded because Spartan re-names the strategy.

H&S and SCT are undetectable in that regard save for the fact that temp sensors will be out of range, monitors won't be set, etc.

uga33

Reaction score
Those who wish to install an aftermarket intercooler pipe will also be able to do so with the new tuning without having to worry about a code and reduced power mode due to removing the throttle body.

image_zpsf3c4uy9l.jpg

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
which they can't do if the truck has a Spartan tune loaded because Spartan re-names the strategy.

H&S and SCT are undetectable in that regard save for the fact that temp sensors will be out of range, monitors won't be set, etc.

We rename the strategy for 2 reasons- 1, internal file handling of the tuning device itself, and 2- it does just what you describe. Keeps certain dumbass dealer employees from accidentally flashing over top.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey Mike!? If a guy wants to sell his Livewire with the delete tunes that you so kindly provided, is it possible to sell the tuning with it if it goes to another 15 with just an update on the strategy?

yep not a problem. it should be free for the new puchaser , depending on the ecu strategy and updates.

ftast350

Reaction score
yep not a problem. it should be free for the new puchaser , depending on the ecu strategy and updates.

Hmmmm.... No complaints at all with the tuning what so ever but I may want to try so Spartan tuning.

ABChop

Reaction score
Well I hadn't planned on tuning my 2015....but after reading all this i've changed my mind.

I'm missing my Spartan tuned 6.4....i ran the 275 tune for about 40k with no issues.
Loved the power.

My new 2015 is a dog by comparison....this should otta sort that problem out!!
Can't wait....great work guys!!

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
One of my buddies should be purchasing a Spartan for his 15 when it gets released.

Hopefully be one of the first to get a Spartan for a 15 down here LOL.

Can't wait to see what the 15's can do tuned and deleted.

Clean-15

Reaction score
We are adding TPMS support along with tire size changes with the 6.7L after the update. Would like to integrate it into the release, but just too damn many things to get done in the short amount of time.

Will this allow removal of the system or just the ability to adjust pressures lower?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.