Issues as miles get up there?

Tim1216

Reaction score
So I'm going to call Tommorow I'm 7.3 sd shopping in the 12k$ range and just found a 12 f550 xl power cruise trailer brakes up fitters nice flatbed with good rubber it has 293k on it for 16k$ it will see less than 8000 miles per year towing about 12000 what's everyone's opinions? I want another 7.3 but this deal seems right truck is pretty clean
6.7 is way smoother and more powerful. Tows better, etc. I wouldn't hesitate getting it if is clean and runs good. I've seen 6.7s with 4 and 500k+ miles. I know a guy who has a '12 dually with 250k miles and tows regularly 40 and 50k pounds all over the states. He's a shipper and loves the 6.7

Jomax

Reaction score
6.7 is way smoother and more powerful. Tows better, etc. I wouldn't hesitate getting it if is clean and runs good. I've seen 6.7s with 4 and 500k+ miles. I know a guy who has a '12 dually with 250k miles and tows regularly 40 and 50k pounds all over the states. He's a shipper and loves the 6.7

Grosses or tows 40-50k lbs??? That's OTR territory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
the 550 he is looking at is a cab and chassis and isnt much more powerful then a good tuned 7.3..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Jomax

Reaction score
the 550 he is looking at is a cab and chassis and isnt much more powerful then a good tuned 7.3..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

That 6spd though sure is nice vs a 7.3.

BUT 7.3s are dirt cheap to fix vs a 6.7

TyCorr

Reaction score
That 6spd though sure is nice vs a 7.3.

BUT 7.3s are dirt cheap to fix vs a 6.7

Good thing because due to age and mileage voodoo elecronic and sensor bs can be crippling and extremely expensive also.

But tea a fuel system goes down and you have an expensive repair.

AllGo'N'Show

Reaction score
Bump!

How's everyone 6.7 mileage doing?? Haven't found a mileage thread yet so figure this may be it?

150,000km rolled on my '16, no major issues. One 4x4 front hub 'seized' off the lot, one PCM/TCM update for exhaust brake code and that is it *knock knock*. 10k more then it's party time and hopefully all the SCT 2016 bugs are worked out by then (aka end of next week). Pretty much 95% of that mileage is towing, all sorts of terrain where I am, coupled with all sorts of weather sometimes all in the same day, heavy right foot so I'm not easy on her.

dsmracing1

Reaction score
Just rolled over 100000km today. The only thing I've done to my truck was a backup sensor at 95000km. Under warranty I've had both front axle seals done, hood switch went bad causing the alarm to go off randomly and the track bar ball joint at 59000km..

Jomax

Reaction score
50k miles, zero issues, other then some interior pieces that weren't perfect.

Motor wise, other then the annoying whine that comes and goes. Zero

Suspension wise, I still have a squeak that comes and goes from the driver side hub. Started 7k miles and could never replicate it once I got to the dealer (of course).

But the hub doesn't get hot etc. it's more of an annoyance.

Loving the truck more and more every day!