Fuelab or 2 Bosch pumps

David N

Reaction score
If you're going the dual pump route, Marty, hands down, gets my vote. His design is very simple, straight forward and looks very neat. Hell, I even think he'd help you build it if you really needed some help.

BAMF0816

Reaction score
please forgive if this is a newb post.

this maybe over doing it. but if someone is running two pumps, with no block valves on one or both outlets, why don't people build their systems with the dd check vlvs on the outlets at a minimum. can you really expect the pumps to be working equally? or is it not that big of a deal, one pump working harder than the other? that's why check valves are used in the petro plants with a sister pump system. same scenario, just smaller application.

mudwizer

Reaction score
I run a fuelab pump with#10 feed and a #8 return drawing from a sump and
thru two spin on filters feeding 238/100 sticks with no fuel pressure drop fwiw

old man dave

Reaction score

this maybe over doing it. but if someone is running two pumps, with no block valves on one or both outlets, why don't people build their systems with the dd check vlvs on the outlets at a minimum. can you really expect the pumps to be working equally? or is it not that big of a deal, one pump working harder than the other? that's why check valves are used in the petro plants with a sister pump system. same scenario, just smaller application.

They do sell check valves in AN-6 and -10 just for that purpose.

Reaction score

http://www.strictlydiesel.com/p-3427-fuel-check-valve.aspx

ghohouston

Reaction score
If you're going the dual pump route, Marty, hands down, gets my vote. His design is very simple, straight forward and looks very neat. Hell, I even think he'd help you build it if you really needed some help.

Marty WILL NOT build a dual sd pump setup anymore.

David N

Reaction score
Marty WILL NOT build a dual sd pump setup anymore.

Well, mine was technically the last one he ever built.

I was referring to maybe he would give you some ideas or even the schematics on how to build that setup. But yes, I apologize he did tell me he wasn't building them to sell anymore. He said the profit margin was just too small, and he was practically loosing money making them.

old man dave

Reaction score
Well, mine was technically the last one he ever built.

I was referring to maybe he would give you some ideas or even the schematics on how to build that setup. But yes, I apologize he did tell me he wasn't building them to sell anymore. He said the profit margin was just too small, and he was practically loosing money making them.

Not making money isn't a consideration for the home builder, though.:pimp:

old man dave

Reaction score
Summit sells M10, M12 and M14 fittings to screw into stock, Walbro and -44 Bosch pumps and the hose end sizes in AN-6, -8 and 10. Measure the threaded end of your pump fitting to determine the M size in mm and match the other end to the hose size you want.

Bosch -44 pumps are used in tank for a lot of car aftermarket installs. They outperform Walbros easily. Problem with them is there are a lot of cheap Chinese imitation ripoffs out there that don't last.

mandkole

Reaction score
The new pump and cool power supply harness arrived from Dennis yesterday...hopefully we'll get started this weekend.

DocBar

Reaction score
Fuelab reports seem mixed.. Believe me, its very tempting since it will drop in within about 20 mins in the very same mount as the SX. Im leaning more to SD twins for the quiet, parts availability, OE reliability. Running the FL at 60% does anyone have sound clips? The SX could be heard when the truck was off, but was not noticable when on.

Cost to plumb the stockers right is beginning to add up...$280 for pumps, $80 for y blocks/AN fittings, additional hose, mounts, etc. Hmmmm..
Don't know if this has been answered, but I can get some video and sound clips of the FL. I've been running one for 3-4 years w/ 250/100's and a month with 400/200's and it's kept a rock solid 65 psi. It is noisy. No getting around that, but the performance has been great. Besides, my @##%^^%$$ noisy azz 38R drowns it out anyway! :doh:

mandkole

Reaction score
Ive been a little slow on this project with being out of town and running into issues getting more parts and filter stuff (Dahl stuff needed to be ordered).

The pump sound does not have me excited...I listened to a few more clips and I now expect it to be high pitched and whiny. I feared that as my old pump was pretty quiet with a low frequency rumble sound that got lost in the diesel.

mandkole

Reaction score
Everything is done finally and so far so good... took a pic also.

I kept the basic layout similar to how Gordon had it, because everything sits at fuel tank height and the lowest point (the dahl drain) is at t-case cover height. Kind of a plumbing and service pain, but it went together fine once I stopped trying to get to fancy and hoses wanted to kink.

The pump is surprisingly quiet-- kind of a louder/buzzier version of the stock pump. You cant hear it when the truck is running.

Attachments

• fuelsystem.jpg
    fuelsystem.jpg
    768.8 KB · Views: 112
Reaction score
Dual SD pumps...

One goes down your still getting home.

One goes down you're finding the nearest Napa to replace it.

I'd like to change mine up to a main pump with a low pressure trigger to kick on the second one... could do that with the new isspro programmable trigger.

Running the second pump with a pressure switch so it comes on every time you start the truck (for excercise) and then only if the primary quits or can't keep up. I't like aircraft redundantcy. I've been thinking this for a couple years. (I'm slow)

Members online

No members online now.