SRP 1 Failure

mustube

Reaction score
I dont think they are dropping left and right.
yours sounds dead as it wont hold pressure
kind of hard for the manufacturer to take care of the issue if you dont send it to him.
if you arent going to send it in at least open it up and post the pics of what broke

There are plenty of people in this thread who have first hand experience with a failed pump, not a whole lot of "well my brother knows a guy who is buddies with someone who had on that failed". Would you send yours back to a manufacturer with whom the status quo is, "sorry you have no warranty left but I can get it back together for 400 bucks"? Especially when a ton are failing at less than 10K miles? That's why the thread is here, because the manufacturer isn't taking care of their customers.

I'm with you on the last part. Someone needs to pry one open and see what gave out.

Reaction score
kind of hard for the manufacturer to take care of the issue if you dont send it to him.
if you arent going to send it in at least open it up and post the pics of what broke

Are you serious I have personally had 8 failures between my truck and customers trucks that's 8 for 10 that's pretty bad. I have since went to gen 3 and other customers to adrenaline. He would not take care of all the pumps made me pay the $250 4 of those pumps were catastrophic and messed up the housing. The last pump that failed on my truck sent metal through the hpo system. Cass removed metal from a couple poppets on those inj. Just poor customer service and design flawed pump. So you tell me not dropping like flys??

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

bruce

Reaction score

If you have so much faith in the srp then why were you inquiring about the billet stealth I had for sale.

m j

Reaction score
If you have so much faith in the srp then why were you inquiring about the billet stealth I had for sale.

I dont have faith in any car part.

those are the coolest pumps I have seen. I would bite at a set of twins for the right price too.
that doesnt change the fact that there are a lot of srp1.1 pumps running just fine and a vocal few on the boards blaming a pump without diagnosing it or posting they have to pay when the pump is years out of warranty.

I want to see the parts that failed to see if there is something that needs to be addressed in my truck.

Gotti2k7

Reaction score

those are the coolest pumps I have seen. I would bite at a set of twins for the right price too.
that doesnt change the fact that there are a lot of srp1.1 pumps running just fine and a vocal few on the boards blaming a pump without diagnosing it or posting they have to pay when the pump is years out of warranty.

I want to see the parts that failed to see if there is something that needs to be addressed in my truck.

I did all the diagnosing you could do to rule out the pump. A pump with 6k miles on it. You wouldn't think would be the issue. Brand new motorcraft ipr. Nope. Re ringed the injectors. Nope. Tim at P.I.S benched my injectors for poppet issues. Nope. Checked out within specs of injectors he would send out. Put my injectors back in. Pulled the truck out. Starts pumping oil out of the back of the pump. Is that enough diagnosing? These pumps may drive him out of buisness. Or make him rich as hell. If people are stupid enough to keep sending those scrap metal pumps back to him.

I've got a fully functional, non leaking SRP1 for sale. Less than 100 miles on it. M J wanna try one out?

Pwnm30rdi3

Reaction score
I did all the diagnosing you could do to rule out the pump. A pump with 6k miles on it. You wouldn't think would be the issue. Brand new motorcraft ipr. Nope. Re ringed the injectors. Nope. Tim at P.I.S benched my injectors for poppet issues. Nope. Checked out within specs of injectors he would send out. Put my injectors back in. Pulled the truck out. Starts pumping oil out of the back of the pump. Is that enough diagnosing? These pumps may drive him out of buisness. Or make him rich as hell. If people are stupid enough to keep sending those scrap metal pumps back to him.

I've got a fully functional, non leaking SRP1 for sale. Less than 100 miles on it. M J wanna try one out?

I had the same experience but with only 4,000 miles on it.
After troubleshooting everything over a period of 2 months, I found out my pump was f***ed.
I'm sending mine in as a core, no one else deserves this POS of a pump. I was told they have had lots of other SRP 1 & 1.1's as cores.

Gotti2k7

Reaction score
After troubleshooting everything over a period of 2 months, I found out my pump was f***ed.
I'm sending mine in as a core, no one else deserves this POS of a pump. I was told they have had lots of other SRP 1 & 1.1's as cores.

Who'd you send a core to? Bosch actually questioned mine. Said they haven't seen a pump like that. And almost didn't accept it. They ended up taking it. Said it doesn't matter. They are just melting them down to cast new housings.

m j

Reaction score

how much?
I would have to find out what it costs to upgrade it to determine what I would pay but if you are dumping it for cheap I might scoop it up for a spare

Swaan

Reaction score

Who's taking your srp as a core. No one even wants them.
I bought an adrenalin to replace this pos stealth and bob won't even accept it for a core. He said there's nothing he can use in them. Scrap aluminum is all there good for.

TyCorr

Reaction score

I don't give a bakers ***c what you think. They are. And satisfying your curiosity doesn't mean shti to me either. There are several good reasons why the pump won't be sent to Gary. First off, I'm not interested in staying on a pay to test merry go round. You want to? Give me 500 bucks and a core pump and you can do whatever it is you desire.

I'm not exactly sure why you insist on living under Garys scrotum but keep it to yourself.

The pump was,is, and judging by the botched admission of failures always will be a huuuge failure. Until he admits his plan was to charge people a grand to do his testing I'm not listening. They work for 2 -4k miles and then they crap out so quickly that the end user is left thinking they lost an injectors oil side or an ipr is stuck or broken.

TyCorr

Reaction score

You are a ***king idiot. To claim people aren't diagnosing the pump, the hpo system, or the fuel side of the equation before speaking is just so frikkin clueless I am unable, even putting myself in your shoes, to see why you even say half of the drivel that pops into your head. If you are still stuck on the diagnosis phase, pack a lunch jr. Follow any procedure for diagnosing a weak or failing pump and you'll find yourself in the correct vantage.

Completely ignoring all of that, the people, myself included, have checked everything simply because 4k miles after shutting the hood you suspect everything but the 1k dollar turd hanging off the front cover.

I'd say sorry for the harshness but I'm not. You've been sticking your head up in these threads and it's becoming obvious that you are either clueless or a beatoff. I'm guessing a smattering of both. It's been beat into the ground what symptoms are in place in every truck that has an srp that fails. Sadly the 1.1 is a larger piece than the introductory piece.

If you go back and reread all you've been provided you'll see were past the point of if. In my case throwing a 125k mile 15° pump on and watching EVERY issue I've been having disappear is not confirmation but proof.

Then the guy who sold the turd insults everyone and everything you used and did to arrive at that conclusion yet when you ask him what other information he needs to believe for himself he clams up and gives bs statistics about said pump. He wants it sent in at which point the pump you already know is GARBAGE is "fixed" and you get to pay 250- half of the initial msrp to limp 5 rough another 3-6k miles.

Maybe that will find its mark beyond your dense skull. Doubtful but I'm hoping.

Tom S

Reaction score
Time to dial it back on the personal attacks right now. We are in a tech area so stay on subject.

dsberman94

Reaction score
TyCorr...send the pump in already...what do you have to lose?

$200+. Over and over and over again every 3-4k miles.
So $400+ after the scheduled oil change, shipping, and vehicle downtime.

Posted from ***itville, USA

Last edited:

V-Ref

Reaction score
I see.....so why not just cut your loses...send it in to be fixed, and move the pump along in the classifieds? Then use the cash towards your next hpop solution?

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I see.....so why not just cut your loses...send it in to be fixed, and move the pump along in the classifieds? Then use the cash towards your next hpop solution?

Im guessing that, like me, he wouldn't want to sell it to someone knowing that there still could be an issue.. unless otherwise stated that its a rebuild and could have issues.. hell might post that you have a srp for trade after its rebuilt.

live life full throttle

m j

Reaction score
Tycorr, your pump was legitimately an issue as 'it dont build pressure', you cannot say anything against the support if you dont send it in to them to try the support.
what did you want him to do on the phone? he is probably pissed at 161 pumps he had to test and send back wasting his time because of people misdiagnosing.
is he supposed to come to your house and swap the pump for you?
I have a pretty good idea who has a thick skull here.

Gotti is wanting a free replacement warranty on a pump 3 years old that was never offered with that warranty, also not something you can whine about. at least he dragged up a thread from that era to post his tale.

I will pay a core charge for dead srp1.1.
just so I can open it up to see what died, and post the pics, because I want to learn the facts.
not interested in one that pushed the rear cover out as the stock pump will do that.

unless someone says 'it dont build pressure' I discount blaming the pump based on internet diagnosing.
anyone with a smart phone and an elm327 adapter can read the ICP and see the IPR duty cycle, anyone that can walk in to a hydraulic shop can have a test gauge made for under $50 to see what the pressure is.

V-Ref

Reaction score
Tycorr, your pump was legitimately an issue as 'it dont build pressure', you cannot say anything against the support if you dont send it in to them to try the support.
what did you want him to do on the phone? he is probably pissed at 161 pumps he had to test and send back wasting his time because of people misdiagnosing.
is he supposed to come to your house and swap the pump for you?
I have a pretty good idea who has a thick skull here.

Gotti is wanting a free replacement warranty on a pump 3 years old that was never offered with that warranty, also not something you can whine about. at least he dragged up a thread from that era to post his tale.

I will pay a core charge for dead srp1.1.
just so I can open it up to see what died, and post the pics, because I want to learn the facts.
not interested in one that pushed the rear cover out as the stock pump will do that.

unless someone says 'it dont build pressure' I discount blaming the pump based on internet diagnosing.
anyone with a smart phone and an elm327 adapter can read the ICP and see the IPR duty cycle, anyone that can walk in to a hydraulic shop can have a test gauge made for under $50 to see what the pressure is.

:whs: x 10000

The SRP1 maybe the biggest POS hpop to have been ever built....I dunno. Mine ran great. And I understand being hot about crawling all over your truck trying to fix everything but a low mile High dollar part...and then it ends up being that part.

But seriously....send it back...move the pump along disclosing it's full history...and get an hpop on thier YOU can have faith in.

In the meantime. ..it's like TyCorr is to the SRP1 as CSIPSD is to DP-tuner.

Which...I respect the contribution of both here...just saying

And good points Lincoln....I'd think disclosing the full history on a part he'd be able to move it on in good conscience.

thoroughbred

Reaction score
I have an srp1.1 that I bought June 2012.No noticeable problems but after reading this thread in march I called Gary and he answered first try. He told me that the issue had been coil bind on the return springs and the springs would break . This was on the early runs of the 1.1. While I was on the phone with him I pulled IPR and had broken spring material in behind screen filter. Sent the pump to him on march 16 & had it back 10 days later .i have 50k miles on the pump .... He handled my issue fine.
Just FYI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.