SRP 1 Failure

Gotti2k7

Reaction score
I got a follow up call. Bosch is gonna accept it now. All there gonna do is melt it down to make new housings. Ashame it went this way. Now let's see how far my buddy's truck goes with a pump from the same batch. Still only has less than a 100 miles on it.

emev0l

Reaction score
Are these all srp 1's Not the 1.1?

Some of each

Some people bought the SRP1 it failed and they had it upgraded to the SRP1.1 and that failed, some people even sent it back in to have it repaired again and it still failed again.

Some people are still running there SRP1's with no issues and some people are running SRP1.1's with no issues.

m j

Reaction score
Correction the srp1.1 is lifetime on parts I believe but only one year on labor

just dug out my srp1.1 warranty paper.

the gist of it is
'no cost for 6 months. after that you pay up to 50% of new pump
IF you got your warranty card to them within 30 days'

I can scan it if anyone is interested in precise details

edit: interestingly I might only have a 6month warranty because of the warranty card clauses and shipping to Canada taking as long as it does. the sale date was june 25 but I didnt get it here until July 28th weekend. so that has come and gone.

Last edited:

bruce

Reaction score
just dug out my srp1.1 warranty paper.

the gist of it is
'no cost for 6 months. after that you pay up to 50% of new pump
IF you got your warranty card to them within 30 days'

I can scan it if anyone is interested in precise details

edit: interestingly I might only have a 6month warranty because of the warranty card clauses and shipping to Canada taking as long as it does. the sale date was june 25 but I didnt get it here until July 28th weekend. so that has come and gone.

I don't see lifetime in any of that

TyCorr

Reaction score
I don't see lifetime in any of that

**** that guy! I wouldn't send him anything you want returned. My pump has less than 5k miles on it. Any charge is too much for a thousand dollar pump. Screw it.

Get something else and remember who helped ya and who screwed ya.

02BigD

Reaction score
**** that guy! I wouldn't send him anything you want returned. My pump has less than 5k miles on it. Any charge is too much for a thousand dollar pump. Screw it.

Get something else and remember who helped ya and who screwed ya.

That is part of the reason why I have a bnib srp1 in my office, and a Gen3 still on the truck.

JHILL

Reaction score
Feb 2011 here. I wont trust one on a over the road ride.
glad to her they willl accept as a core. With 3 messages
left and no return call thats likley were im headed.
Who the *** is so busy you can't return a call in a timley matter.
I was considering sending it in to reuse on a dedicated puller /play truck guess thats not an option.....

TyCorr

Reaction score
Feb 2011 here. I wont trust one on a over the road ride.
glad to her they willl accept as a core. With 3 messages
left and no return call thats likley were im headed.
Who the *** is so busy you can't return a call in a timley matter.
I was considering sending it in to reuse on a dedicated puller /play truck guess thats not an option.....

He got super frikkin ignorant with me. Said people around here (psa) don't know what they're talking about. A few people who are vendors who were nice enough to help me out he discredited their input. Then the stale fish came out. "I've only had 39 failures total. On the srp 1 and 1.1. I've had over 200 returned for warranty and they were misdiagnosed."

Yea ok ****tard. Is that why a 200k mile 15 degree pump fixed all my issues? It even holds the same 2800 psi of icp in my race tune. I'm still thinking but the twin termies and hb jr are getting my attention. I'm not as worried about the hbjr because Jason is so damn tight on customer service that I don't have any concerns.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It sucks because when the Srp works it's a good pump. Hopefully the Hb sr will be released soon.. That's what I'll be going with when this Srp fails.

Swaan

Reaction score
How's everybody makin out with these pos pumps.
My srp1.1 is starting to leak oil out the back of the pump and looks like the spiral lock ring is begging for mercy back there, ready to sh1t the bed. The truck when hot has a bad lopey idle now too. This blows!!
I think I'm going to order an adrenilin and count my losses. Last thing I need is a breakdown pullin my tt with the family.
Oh and my pump probley only has 6000miles on it. Nice!!!! Lol

V-Ref

Reaction score
Wonder what'll be said about the HB Sr and the T1000 once there's a couple hundred out there with thousands of miles on em. A couple years back the Adrenaline was supposedly a POS that could barely support 100% nozzles with big PW tunes. The BTS duals were pricey. ..the Termy Duals leaked and stressed front covers, the Swamps Gen3 shears oil like there's no tomorrow...and on and on.

And now the SRP 101st Airborne sky is falling...

Do you guys think it's in a pump builders interest to say 39 out of 200 returns was a valid return if it wasn't the truth? Can you imagine the headaches Joey has had over the years from hard heads bashing his stuff? I can only hope dyno proven has the patience of Job (you know...that dude from the bible) too.

Internet forums provide a venue for fiction....to become fact. I'd do my math, and then double check it, before making any conclusions. ..especially on a subject like 7.3 hpops...lol

Seriously...put yourself in Terminator's, Dyno proven, or Stechers shoes for a bit...no way I'd take on building a medium oil single hpop for a truck that hasn't been built in 10 years. We're lucky to have the choices we do imo.

All that said...products that work...and are supported post purchase. ..well. ..it's why Unlimited Diesel is in my signature, and why I recommend Gearhead tuning....and why I appreciate the other great vendors that support this forum.

Reaction score
Honestly imo none of them will ever be released the hbs and t1000 they have been going to be out for how long now... I think the adrenaline or HB is going to be the max for stock housing pumps. Trying to double the volume of a stock housing pump would be a task. Not to mention all the flaws from stock castings and such to deal with. People need to just quit complaining about spending some money on a HPOP. Has anyone price dual fuelers for the newer trucks?? Not exactly affordable either.
Fwiw gen 3 don't shear GOOD oil bad at all only thing I would run. Simple design and replacement pumps for them are cheap

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online