2014 Sema project

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
Frame time, what a chore this beast is/was. We fitted the subframe and drilled all necessary holes for that early last week. Then the welders came out to start filling the insane amount of holes, the larger holes had to get plugged with metal slabs ground to fit each hole. After that hours and hours of grinding, filling, sanding, refilling, sanding, priming, sanding, final body work filling and then paint.
IMG_1361-1.jpg
[/URL]

I just had a little bit of a joygasm... :grouphug:

jordan572

Reaction score
Trevor is looking out for us on the lift, we will be representing his company in their booth at sema. With that said between all the paint work, accuair, compressors, shocks, air tanks and the actual lift itself from PMF it cost enough. Some people don't/can't grasp the price of quality products but when you see these parts in person the last thing I think of is how much I owe someone. All I can think of is the time, thought and talent put into every piece that shows up. Tomorrow the link arms, trailing arms and shock mounts show, can't wait.

jordan572

Reaction score
:nopics:,

Getting after it,

IMG_1364.jpg

IMG_1367.jpg

Spare tire carrier cut out to make room for a few air tanks,
IMG_1370.jpg

IMG_1372.jpg

IMG_1373.jpg

IMG_1374.jpg

IMG_1375.jpg

IMG_1376.jpg

IMG_1377.jpg

IMG_1378.jpg

I wish I could say this was ready for the final paint, we primed it after all the body work and blocked the rails with 320. Random pin holes throughout the frame were filled again and sanded back down. Ready for paint!

IMG_1383.jpg

IMG_1388.jpg

IMG_1389.jpg

IMG_1392.jpg

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Hey Jordan. Have a question concerning the cab....

The ugly lip where the body is seemed together just below the lower door plates. Did you guys do anything with them? I might have missed it, I've been trying to follow the every move. I know amp steps hide the seem...

Just curious.

sootie

Reaction score

The ugly lip where the body is seemed together just below the lower door plates. Did you guys do anything with them? I might have missed it, I've been trying to follow the every move. I know amp steps hide the seem...

Just curious.

amp steps do not hide the seam.

mattmal9

Reaction score

Just curious.

Are you talking about the pinch welds? I was wondering the same thing, but I do realize that's where the amp steps mount also.

Mpoage

Reaction score

Just curious.

Are you talking about the pinch welds? I was wondering the same thing, but I do realize that's where the amp steps mount also.
PMF makes these covers that cover up the pinch welds.

http://www.pmfsuspension.com/PMF-Ford-Pinch-Weld-Covers_p_101.html

TheBigNasty

Reaction score
You obviously don't know what these quality big lifts cost....I'd say he made out pretty good at 20k....depending on shock options, etc.

Obviously....:blah:

I'm by no means trying to downplay any work by the op, by PMF, or the rest. Imo PMF is one of the more reasonably priced companies. All I'm saying is, if people are willing to pay 20k for a suspension kit, I'm in the wrong business.

jordan572

Reaction score

Just curious.

Your talking about the pinch? I did think about welding the holes shut and body working the seam but time is our worst enemy right now. We'll probably have PMF Suspension draw some pinch weld covers up if he hasn't made some already.

jordan572

Reaction score

I'm by no means trying to downplay any work by the op, by PMF, or the rest. Imo PMF is one of the more reasonably priced companies. All I'm saying is, if people are willing to pay 20k for a suspension kit, I'm in the wrong business.

Don't worry about it, it costs what it costs I guess.

Crack85

Reaction score

You really think those type of lift kits are flying off the shelves LOL.....come on man....

CATDiezel

Reaction score

Yes. I couldn't think of the name for that ugly thing. Lol

PMF makes these covers that cover up the pinch welds.

http://www.pmfsuspension.com/PMF-Ford-Pinch-Weld-Covers_p_101.html

That's what I was looking for!!

Your talking about the pinch? I did think about welding the holes shut and body working the seam but time is our worst enemy right now. We'll probably have PMF Suspension draw some pinch weld covers up if he hasn't made some already.

I couldn't see you leaving it out... was just curious!!

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
I do have a question and I'm not sure if it has or hasn't been asked.......but I'm gonna ask again if it has, so my apologizes Jordan

But if you were going to go to this extreme extent with the truck and change so many things, why not start off with a lower model XLT or base model XL instead of the top of line Platinum?

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
I do have a question and I'm not sure if it has or hasn't been asked.......but I'm gonna ask again if it has, so my apologizes Jordan

But if you were going to go to this extreme extent with the truck and change so many things, why not start off with a lower model XLT or base model XL instead of the top of line Platinum?

Because the VIN number would suck.