Blue Smoke and Oil Consumption

Reaction score
So I recently put new stage 2 160/80 injectors in my truck. Had to have Matt at gear head tweak the tuning on it to make it start good in cold. Ran great like right after install. Then I put electric fuel on my truck and then that's when the problems started. On a cold day my truck now has a hard time starting with a ton of blue smoke. And it has a hard time starting when at full operating temperature. I just rebuilt my turbo not too long ago. And it's using quite a bit of oil. I thought maybe an injector oring but checked fuel filter and it was clear as day!! I ran a couple tests on it. Buzz test came back good, cylinder contribution test came back saying that number 7 was bad. Then the other day I ran another cylinder test and it came back that number 3 and number 5 were bad. Someone told me it could be uvch harness. Another place told me probably injector orings. But I have no idea what to do. I don't want to just throw money and parts into it when it won't fix the problem. I did check icp and ipr dc and they were fine. I'm stumped right now. Anything right now will help. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
So you would think it would be worth taking the whole one side out and putting new orings in it??

Reaction score
Sorry the oil is brand new so it's not black. And I have pulled the downpipe off and is dry as a bone. And there is not play in the shaft. I just don't understand that if my orings are bad then how come icp checked out fine?? And how come my fuel isn't dark in color.

Reaction score
And if I have bad compression on some cylinders then wouldn't I have bad blow by out the oil filler? I don't have excessive blowby.

Reaction score
Right. So if my icp and ipr numbers are good then my injector orings wouldn't be bad right??

Big Bore

Reaction score
Not necessarily, your injectors can bleed down ICP after shut down, which in turn causes hard starting until ICP comes back up. Your ICP numbers will be fine, but the IPR duty cycle might show some compensating. You also might find a code for low ICP.

Reaction score
Oh ok. So being as my truck is having hard time starting cold and warm would you suspect that orings are my problem??

Big Bore

Reaction score
yes, especially since you recently did an injector swap. I've had orings go within a couple hundred miles of being replaced due to improper seating of injectors.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
yes, especially since you recently did an injector swap. I've had orings go within a couple hundred miles of being replaced due to improper seating of injectors.
op, id prolly agree with this then.. unless you fpr is set so high thst its just blowing fuel into the cylinders..

live life full throttle