Soot intake manifold review.

ODAWG714

Reaction score
Well back several months ago I ordered me a soot stage 3 intake manifold. One of my powerstroke buddies locally ordered a stage one as well.
Both with egr cooler for smog purposes.
My order was a stage 3 which includes the throat modifcation cleared out runners and opened up head chambers "velocity stacks".
Here's what we got
D-6DEF-4D9D-8CC7-D5AB6F523D85-709-0000008EB502FA8C.jpg

A-60E5-49BE-B90E-500D2632BF12-709-0000008ED04EA39F.jpg

1-65BF-4ADE-9D2B-F29082E0479B-709-0000008EC6ECDB17.jpg

Now when I noticed the epoxy holding together it was pretty shocking. I felt this was a joke especially when I saw how it wasn't even cured or hard when flaking it off to get it welded at a buddies shop. After trying to get ahold of soot to see how I can go abouts getting this fixed I said screw it and took it to a buddies welding shop and had him tig it up I paid him 140$ for 3 hrs of his time
7-EA21-486A-A1FA-28217B06AA8A-709-0000008ED897B572.jpg

F-8969-49AB-90FF-6D2A88404A10-709-0000008EE0FB73DF.jpg

Well when I go to install the manifold once it was all welded I noticed it wouldnt fit due to the egr cooler being different. The intake was from a 03 and my truck is a 07. The manifolds were both sent back to soot and he said he would take care of it and credit us both shipping.
Well we got our intake manifolds last week both together in a small radiator box nice and banged up. I found a crack on mine and took it to my buddy and had him weld the small crack up. I also found one of Matt's welds didn't penetrate after install and found it leaking. So I had to fix that while the part was on my truck.!

The intake I received wasn't what I ordered. My order was a stage 3 and what I got was a stage 1. Soot says that he needs epoxy inside to feed the velocity stacks, hmm Bs! Nothing but soot and oil inside the manifold. Looks like someone was in a hurry to get these out instead of sending a good product out. When installing the manifold didn't seal. I had to use silicone to seal the portion under the alternator. After that leak was found I found 3 other leaks on soots welds.

I'm personally out 1400$ on junk basically after fixing some buddy's screw ups and getting text messages saying me fixing his 1in crack warped the manifold. I advise everyone to go a different route to avoid this crap.

Gains? Only gains I see is a 30 degree egt drop at wot slight less lag and lower boost numbers on wot snaps. I'll post more pics.

Last edited:

ODAWG714

Reaction score
Installed my buddies stage 1 today and all 8 bolts on driver side had to be cut down due to the OEM lts maxing out. The two rear bolts didn't drop n the holes either we had to re drill the rear two hole on both sides to get the bolt to drop in.

And soot says I'm bitching.. Well when you spend coin on a product you expect to get a quality part not some pos and have the owner try to reverse everything on the customer when he him self is wrong.

ODAWG714

Reaction score
Another thing. I spent 140$ to tig that black manifold and this guy is saying he will credit me 30$ and 50 for shipping the black manifold to him. What a joke! He some how got a number of 60$ I supposebly spent on tig from somewhere, and this guy for the first month of talking to him he thought I was a 6.4 customer. Anyway just want to get this out so no one else deals with this lying POG. He also lied and said multiple pillows were in the totes when shipped. Mine was open with a busted up manifold my buddies was perfectly sealed with 1 pillow allowing the manifolds to bounce around like hot cakes.

slc dzl

Reaction score
Wow that just sucks to hear. I order a Apex awhile back I haven't recieved it yet but steve is a first class guy and would recommend his manifold just on his customer service.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Wow that just sucks to hear. I order a Apex awhile back I haven't recieved it yet but steve is a first class guy and would recommend his manifold just on his customer service.

I wish I had true numbers to post on the Apex. I changed so much at once there just is no way. From a build quality stand point I will tell you that you wont be disappointed. Its rock solid.

ODAWG714

Reaction score
Yes Steve same one from Patrick. When I told soot about what I got from what I ordered he said you paid less than your buddy you get what you got basically. When I ordered my stage 3 he gavel a discount for referring my buddy. So he then tells me to pay two way shipping ad he will convert this joke of. Manifold to a stage 3. When the first one I got it was a epoxied stage 3. Lol make sense? The guy is a tool hands down. The major joke was installing my buddies and had to cut 8 of his bolts down to make the stupid manifold clamp down and to drill out the two rear bolt holes. Now that's a joke

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
sorry to hear about this. i would be down right pissed off. the company you ordered the product from should be taking care of this. not you....

damn so looks like theres two good known intakes available right?

kdogg85

Reaction score
For what you spent, those manifolds should be custom fit to their hind ends. And them pay you to do it. That doesn't even come close to piss poor. The one I got from gogo diesel was packaged tighter than fort knox, and fit and finish was excellent.

Sorry to hear about that as well, it sucks.

ODAWG714

Reaction score
sorry to hear about this. i would be down right pissed off. the company you ordered the product from should be taking care of this. not you....

damn so looks like theres two good known intakes available right?

Elite apex and gogo.

This soot brand well the quality speaks for its self as well as his high class service. One thing I noticed from dealing with this worthless pog is that he lies and tries to flip his eff up on you. So basically he ships his crap in a effed up box or tote or whatever and doesn't wrap the package, when you open it and its destroyed its the customers fault.

Idk if I said this yet when I told him about his manifold being a stage 0.5 rather a stage 3 he wanted me to pay for all around shipping lol when he shoulda giving what I ordered from the get go.

Major failure. Major pain. Major waste of money and not worth the damn.