Soot intake manifold review.

TooMuch03

Reaction score
This sucks. I really hate hearing this kind of stuff. I can't understand why a customer would be treated like this. I think it is safe to say that I am pretty convinced to stay away from these manifolds, now if only we could get flow numbers on some of the other options so I can decide which one I do want...

PGreenSVT

Reaction score
Damn Oliver this really sux dude. No way that kind of stuff should happen. What junk. I had considered ordering a stage 3 from Soot myself. Really glad I decided to port it myself. No doubt my work beats tthe heck out of that and if there is a problem I know where to point my finger and I'm sure the customer service will be top notch. I really hope you get this resolved and are able to recoup your funds for this junk.

So this begs the question, has anybody received a Soot Powered manifold that isn't a absolute piece of junk?

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
That truley sucks man, if your in the market for a manifold stick woth one that is welded. I would never trust an epoxied manifold, to much pressure and heat cycles for it to ever hold up ( hell it didn't even hold up in shipping. Horrible idea to use epoxy.

El chupacabra

Reaction score
I'll bet you that manifold would fly better than it works. Fire that ****er through the front window of his house.
Test it out let us know your results.
-Jake-

strokin6L

Reaction score
Would really love to hear what Matt has to say about this. Might be too embarrassed to post about his crappy manifold porting skills.

ODAWG714

Reaction score
Damn Oliver this really sux dude. No way that kind of stuff should happen. What junk. I had considered ordering a stage 3 from Soot myself. Really glad I decided to port it myself. No doubt my work beats tthe heck out of that and if there is a problem I know where to point my finger and I'm sure the customer service will be top notch. I really hope you get this resolved and are able to recoup your funds for this junk.

So this begs the question, has anybody received a Soot Powered manifold that isn't a absolute piece of junk?

Thx Mitch. My buddy got one the same day I did and his still had epoxy all over it, they didn't take all the epoxy off when they welded it up. This is the same buddy that we had to shorten all 8 of the driver side bolts since they were now too long for the manifold. Each side on the rear had to be drilled due to not aligning the two halts together. Pretty chitty

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Thx Mitch. My buddy got one the same day I did and his still had epoxy all over it, they didn't take all the epoxy off when they welded it up. This is the same buddy that we had to shorten all 8 of the driver side bolts since they were now too long for the manifold. Each side on the rear had to be drilled due to not aligning the two halts together. Pretty chitty

Unbelieveable someone is willing to allow that to leave their shop. If i was a dealer i would pull the cord immediately!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

colo_dually

Reaction score
A total disappointment, this one is now off my list of mods, and on my warning list for others.

Crack85

Reaction score
What I want to know is how come Patrick's manifold looks 100 times better than Oliver's weren't they done by the same guy??

01PSD

Reaction score
There were supposed to be 2 6.4 intakes going out as well I thought, one for Dustball I believe it was.

Dustball8504

Reaction score
There were supposed to be 2 6.4 intakes going out as well I thought, one for Dustball I believe it was.

pog bought one as well, mine was a free one that I supplied a brand new intake for him to do his thing on. I don't think his ever showed up. I just text Matt yesterday asking where mine was and he hasn't answered. He asked me for my shipping address on the 19th of September and that's the last I've heard from him...

01PSD

Reaction score
pog bought one as well, mine was a free one that I supplied a brand new intake for him to do his thing on. I don't think his ever showed up. I just text Matt yesterday asking where mine was and he hasn't answered. He asked me for my shipping address on the 19th of September and that's the last I've heard from him...

knew something was up but wasn't sure about the latest on it..
interested to see what happens

pog

Reaction score
ohhhhhhh boy. i believe my manifold is waiting for me at the border. now i dont even wanna make time out of my day to go pick it up.. im already expecting garbage. anybody wanna buy a 6.4 stage 3 lol. half price and i wont even open it up, ill ship it the minute i pick it up LOL

Spatel23

Reaction score
This is why you don't push parts from a non-vendor that nobody has ever heard of.
There's a reason certain vendors here have been around as long as they have.
Taking chances with unproven companies leads to this in our industry, because every billy with a diesel thinks he can start a performance diesel shop in his garage.

Sorry to hear of your troubles, I'm not trying to say "I told you so" at all to the op. I honestly feel bad for ya.
I just remember a few folks pushing this guys crap hard, and this is what the end result is?!?!

Breaking Habits

Reaction score

Hows that RCD manifold look.. :)

Latest posts

Members online