Anti theft ideas? Stealing Super Duty's around here

Txwindmiller

Reaction score
Their stealing F250's and F350's like crazy around here the last couple weeks in the Austin area. Their looking for them in Walmart,Home Depot, Lowes, parking lots where there's lots of traffic and people don't notice.
They use them for illegal people transport/drugs out of Mexico.
I thinking of ideas to keep mine in the parking space when I come out of the store. Ignition cut offs? Battery cutoff?
My door lock has already been broken out.
Give me some quick ideas!

Derkperk

Reaction score
A hidden switch that interlocks with the starter. So the switch needs to be made to allow te starter to crank. Had a buddy that put one on his sled. There was no way to get that thing started without knowing where that switch was.

Izzybird

Reaction score
When I'm worried about where mine is sitting, I swap the #30 fuse under the dash with a blown one. Not gonna start. Most are too stupid and/or won't take the time to mess with it and will move on to the next.

taterthedog

Reaction score
One of the venders here recently became a revelco dealer. Might want to check into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zilla68

Reaction score
When I'm worried about where mine is sitting, I swap the #30 fuse under the dash with a blown one. Not gonna start. Most are too stupid and/or won't take the time to mess with it and will move on to the next.

that's a good idea, or just pull the damn fuse and keep it in your pocket while your inside.

CSIPSD

Reaction score
I had Powerstruck write a tune that the truck will start, but as soon as you touch the accel pedal it sputters and dies.

I leave my truck running a lot when I go into the quickie mart and such, lock the door and go, this way they might jump in, but there not going far, and it takes a bit to get it started again, then if you do it again it will die...

I do like the starter disable, I might make a quick one off the starter relay for when I park at the airports...

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
I too have heard many F250s being stolen in the Houston area and used for the same purpose. I just got a drivers side door handle painted yesterday that has no lock that I'll be installing this weekend.

How do people get in them? Popping the lock with a screwdriver is the most common thing I've heard. What else though....break the glass? seems like that would be obvious though. It would be nice to know how they get in to know what we can do to prevent it.

I've heard good things on the Ravelco. I want to get remote start added to my truck and the Ravelco will not work with any remote start, factory or aftermarket.

Bartman

Reaction score
I've heard good things on the Ravelco. I want to get remote start added to my truck and the Ravelco will not work with any remote start, factory or aftermarket.

Leave Ravelco in when it's safe and use remote start. Take Ravelco with you when unsafe and forgo the remote start. I've been doing that since 2009.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Powerstroke Enginuities, Houston Tx

Ahh, gotcha. Thanks.

I looked into Ravelco when I had my Jeep, Always heard good things and from what I have read in the last couple months with these trucks getting stolen I will be getting one as soon as I can afford it.

Latest posts

Members online