Anti theft ideas? Stealing Super Duty's around here

jimdawg185

Reaction score
Someone once stole my iPod off my front seat with my dog in the passenger seat. I ran in to grab a soda at a shell station and ran back out and they grabbed it just that quick. Springers are great bird dogs, but not good watch dogs ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enoch

Reaction score
Another vote for Revelco here. I have had it for a while and I don't worry at all going in somewhere.
That and when weather is nice I have my pitbull riding with me, she loves riding and hanging out in the truck so it's a win win.

Last edited:

steve604

Reaction score
on a previous ford with keyless entry remote, i removed the lock cylinders from the door handles and put in stainless steel carriage bolts.

i then bolted one of these to the inside of the frame rail with a spare remote wrapped in a rag and then a small ziploc bag
img.jsp

i never did need that remote but i knew it was there if i needed it. i figured that if both of my truck's batteries were to go completely flat i had bigger problems anyway and a tow truck driver can still get into the truck in 2 minutes with the right equipment. most thieves that target the superduty just carry a big hex shaft flat head screwdriver around with them and a pair of channel lock pliers to turn the lock cylinders.

after doing that my truck was never touched again. they would have had to break a window and that becomes too much of a heat score when they have cops drive past them in the middle of the night with the window wide open.

if they're just going to drag the truck away, there isn't much you can do about that. you could install line locks on all of the brake lines but those would drain your batteries within a couple of days.

hucorey

Reaction score
For less than $10 you can run a toggle switch in line to your low current side of your starter solenoid into the cab.

Its lately an epidemic with our rigs getting stolen. Buddy in Florida that not too far from Bob Riley's shop said they have had 11 stolen in two weeks just in their county alone. His GF is a sheriff's dispatcher.

Txwindmiller

Reaction score
No wonder my insurance is so high.
A corvette would be cheaper.
I just worry about it getting stolen every day. Especially when guys are looking at it when I pull away from a 7-11.
When we go out to eat I sit by a window to watch it, maybe I'm too paranoid???

Last edited:

K_Hood

Reaction score
This outbreak of trucks being stolen is ridiculous and it honestly makes me paranoid to even own the truck, let alone want to put money into it to make it look good (ultimately standing out more) :(

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
I installed a new door handle over the weekend with no lock cylinder. Seems like there is only so much you can do...if they really want it they'll get it. I can at least not make it easy.

Reaction score
I ordered Jimmi Jammers for mine today and have been eye balling the Ravelco. I just don't want to see that stupid plug all the time.

Mine is in the body shop getting a new paint job, cowl hood, '08 tailgate, debadged, '08 rear bumper, etc. I now can't stop thinking about getting it back and the risk of having it stolen... My step brother had his stolen in San Antonio a couple weeks ago too.

Agjake11

Reaction score
have ford remote access on mine now and thing is alot more sensitive then expected. Let the windshield wiper fall down and sets off alarm, or if its locked and you use the key to unlock the door it goes off... pleasantly surprised. still not full proof but helps for sure and it texts with the notifications.

NEVRNF

Reaction score
Here is another idea.
Cuclops
You could put one in place of the starter relay to keep it from cranking. You could also put one in the place of the PCM relay or the IDM relay. If it cranlks it wont start.
You could also run a wire from the parking brake switch to the starter relay and cut the ground wire in the back of the fuse box. This would require the parking brake to be on for it to crank.
You dont have to spend a million dollars to keep the truck from starting.

Enoch

Reaction score
I ordered Jimmi Jammers for mine today and have been eye balling the Ravelco. I just don't want to see that stupid plug all the time.

You can have them put it where you want and you're only going to see and look at it when you plug it in to start and when you remove it when you're going to leave the truck. Other then that you're not going to see it at all, unless you drive looking down and around your steering wheel towards the fuse box. Because that's pretty much how I have to see mine to plug and unplug it.
Not trying to be a wise guy, but the pro's out weigh the cons, by about 99%.

Pick a good easy location for the plug. I've seen some installed down near the fuse box and some next to the ignition, that would take way to long for me but works for some. I had them put mine just left of the steering column, this way I can get in, split the plug and keys, and plug in with left hand and start with right.

I can take a pic if interested. My advice is to sit in your truck and think what would work best and be the quickest getting in, splitting the plug and keys and starting your truck.

Latest posts

Members online