Anti theft ideas? Stealing Super Duty's around here

jimdawg185

Reaction score
My Clifford Avante Guard 5.1 has some sweet security that no matter what they pull or snip the truck will not stop screaming or start. We also put a steel plate behind the plastic cover and in front of the brain of the Clifford unit so you can not get to the wires (and bypass the alarm) without specific tools. Its a bitch if I have to work on it, but it runs all day long in the winter and I love the pit stop mode on the Clifford.

K_Hood

Reaction score
Reading more and more stories like this makes me somewhat paranoid as mine has already had the drivers side door lock busted out. I just really try to make sure my valuables are not in plain site any more or in the truck to begin with.

I've been seeing stories about people busting in through the third brake light and popping open the sliding rear window. Is it actually possible to just get a one piece rear window? Or is that not even a cost efficient idea to begin with. I still plan on doing door handles with no locks, but I realize that if someone wants to get in they'll find a way to get in regardless. It's just nice to have some piece of mind at least.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
My alarm has its own battery in the siren, so there's no getting past it. let me tell you what, it lets everyone know if someone is screwing with your truck. A good two way alarm is nice as well as it lets you know that your trucks alarm is going off. The Ravelco has its place too.

Bartman

Reaction score
Around here, no one pays any attention to alarms going off. The two-way page helps, but you have to be in range. My buddy was notified by his remote. By the time he got outside, he was able to see his truck diving off.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
The alarm alone doesn't cut it, but it has its purpose if installed correctly. You have to eliminate the ease of bypass by either putting up a physical barrier to the ignition wires or with something like the Ravelco.

Dalton_H

Reaction score
I saw an 06 king ranch today that had been stolen and they pryed the keyless entry out of the door because it already had a rear handle on the front with no lock cylinder. First time I had seen one like that.

K_Hood

Reaction score
I saw an 06 king ranch today that had been stolen and they pryed the keyless entry out of the door because it already had a rear handle on the front with no lock cylinder. First time I had seen one like that.

crazy. There is just no hope for these things :shrug::(

Dalton_H

Reaction score
Nope. A friend of my dads has an 06 king ranch that has been stolen at least 2 times, all from right in front of his house. First time they drove it off and took the interior out. Second time they dragged it around the corner with a truck or something and stole the interior out once again after it just had all brand new leather put in. Had to have been the same crooks both times. I know of 3 people in the last month that have gotten their super duties stolen. Its just getting worse.

Txwindmiller

Reaction score
Ravelco says in their website they will install a system in a mall parking lot in Houston? No brick and mortar store? For $500? Takes an hour and a half . Please, who's bull****ting who. I can watch or shop while they install it?
C' mon.

Bartman

Reaction score
Ravelco says in their website they will install a system in a mall parking lot in Houston? No brick and mortar store? For $500? Takes an hour and a half . Please, who's bull****ting who. I can watch or shop while they install it?
C' mon.

When you see it, you'll understand.

Djmck832

Reaction score
Always worried about my PSD everywhere I park in Houston. Installed a Ravelco today. Hope I never find out if it really works.

PSE - Powerstroke Enginuities did some work on my truck last month, see sig, and will do any work I can't do myself in the future. Strongly recommend if you need work in the Houston area. :thumbup:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 151

Djmck832

Reaction score
C' mon.

Is Houston your only option? If so, check out PSE - Powerstroke Enginuities. They are an authorized installer. Solid shop.

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Always worried about my PSD everywhere I park in Houston. Installed a Ravelco today. Hope I never find out if it really works.

PSE - Powerstroke Enginuities did some work on my truck last month, see sig, and will do any work I can't do myself in the future. Strongly recommend if you need work in the Houston area. :thumbup:

Were you given the option to choose where it was mounted?

griz700rocket

Reaction score
How about some ideas to prevent the truck from being broken into. I'd rather keep them from breaking in and teaing up the ignition. When they find out the truck won't start it will probably piss them off and they'll tear it up even more.

jdc753

Reaction score
How about some ideas to prevent the truck from being broken into. I'd rather keep them from breaking in and teaing up the ignition. When they find out the truck won't start it will probably piss them off and they'll tear it up even more.

Surprised these were never brought up. I've seen people talk about them on here before.

http://www.jimmijammer.com/Product, JJ.htm

jimdawg185

Reaction score
In reality, the plastic door handles are a joke. They break if a squirrel farts in their general direction. The billet ones fix that, but not the ease at which they can be hot wired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Txwindmiller

Reaction score
Will have to check them out. I really want to get at least something to slow them down.
Houston is my closest installer. I just thought it seemed funny to install one in a shopping center mall parking lot. That's all.
The #30 fuse sounds good, but a hassle every time I get out.
Maybe a German Shepard? Or two?
On second thought, they might lick them anyway.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online