hey guys truck started smoking

rsater1

Reaction score
white smoke on start up after it gets up to temp .definitely not all the time comes and go/s usually in stop and go stop and go traffic. I believe its fuel. oil level is fine truck still runs great any ideas .will a buzz test confirm these symptoms I need to take a long trip hear soon should I stop driving it and how to find out witch 1 it is PLEASE AND THANKS FOR ANY AND ALL INFO 2002 7.3 250/000 miles along list of mods 38r coreys tc php tunes someone suggest filling fuel bowl with sea foam or 2 cycle any body have ideas really needed .looking at pis 238ccor 239 cant remember

Northwoods2002

Reaction score
Buzz test will only show the electrical side of the injector is working. Have you scanned for codes, what are they? Whats your fuel pressure at? Seafoam will clean the injectors out, do it in a well ventilated area. Running 2-cycle will provide extra lubrication if the injectors are sticking...

JMart

Reaction score
Pull the down pipe off and make sure there isn't any oil in it and/or in the exhaust side of the turbo. A bad turbo seal can has some of the same smoke symptoms.

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
My dad's 7.3 dually would smoke when he let off the throttle and we determined it to be the turbo seal was leaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMart

Reaction score
My dad's 7.3 dually would smoke when he let off the throttle and we determined it to be the turbo seal was leaking.

My 6.0 would do it when it warmed up. Then stop until I drove it, but every time I pulled away from a light it would puff out smoke. Everyone told me it was an injector too.

A ccv ****** that doesn't allow enough flow will cause this problem too. Don't ask me how I know.:doh:

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
That same dually I mentioned earlier has 305000 miles on the factory injectors and only one set of valve cover harnesses

lariat 7.3

Reaction score
400k on my dads excursion. Stock injectors, runs like a fricking top. way better than my truck lol

Jomax

Reaction score
I routed mine to a strainer then back into the motor. No issues.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

JMart

Reaction score
Do you guys keep the CCV out of the intake or did you end up routing it back there?

I routed mine back in but the catch can or the lines were to restrictive. Ive got like 5 miles on a $100 mishimoto catch can if anybody want it. Unfortunately a battery leak damaged the finish on it. That wasn't my fault. It happened while it was in the shop for an unrelated oil leak.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.