hey guys truck started smoking

rsater1

Reaction score
sorry guys was out for a while and thanks for the questions. definitely leaning towards injectors im saving now.. the yes I have ccv mod ive checked oil level fine water level fine . it seems to be the worst after acceleration to idle and the harder I drive the more smoke. did buzz test .all there .didn't sound as sharp and crisp as I have herd before did contribution test. no 8 low output could no give me numbers .said only dtc s he saw where exhaust back pressure something about 5 in ex. and aih nothing else

rsater1

Reaction score
can I drive around town like this for 2 or 3 more wks ..no loads babying it as much as possible all gauges stay in check .thanks in advance

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
I don't ever trust #3 or #8 codes. After a KOER test my truck ALWAYS fails those 2... And my truck runs like a top

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Let's get a confirmation on what kind of smoke. Blue black grey white what? Sweet smell, eye burning,?

JMart

Reaction score
Try pulling the CCV ****** out of the valve cover and see if the smoke goes away.

rsater1

Reaction score
its not ccv have raw fuel at tail pipe and when it smokes .it like a building on fire and its grey like when cold out at start up ..raw fuel at tail pipe if im not wide open throttle u could miss the light smoke but after WOT ITS SMOKIN.i wont have money for 3 wks and don't pull anthing wright now but kids to school .. IS IT OK FOR IN TOWN DRIVING.../?? IF I BABY IT?? I DONT WANT TO MAKE WORSE..BUT REALLY LEANIG TO NEW PIS INJECTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE ANY AND ALL 2 CENT DEPOSIT HERE ???

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
its not ccv have raw fuel at tail pipe and when it smokes .it like a building on fire and its grey like when cold out at start up ..raw fuel at tail pipe if im not wide open throttle u could miss the light smoke but after WOT ITS SMOKIN.i wont have money for 3 wks and don't pull anthing wright now but kids to school .. IS IT OK FOR IN TOWN DRIVING.../?? IF I BABY IT?? I DONT WANT TO MAKE WORSE..BUT REALLY LEANIG TO NEW PIS INJECTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE ANY AND ALL 2 CENT DEPOSIT HERE ???
you have diesel fuel dripping from your tail pipe?

live life full throttle

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
You have a copper washer melted or a cracked tip. Don't drive it at all. Hydrolocking

mandkole

Reaction score
Based on how you are describing it, you have unburned fuel in the cylinder. At minimum,to keep driving it, you need to find time to pull the VCs to look for a bad injector. Does it have a knock?

As a WAG, hows fuel pressure? Notice the pump gotten louder? With real low fuel pressure ive seen them smoke, but you claim normal power so just throwing it out there.

rsater1

Reaction score
its only bad after WOT and then cruise or inclines once I get to the top it smokes I don't think someone said melted or stuck copper washer

rsater1

Reaction score
IS THIS POSSIBLE AND CAN I RUN IT HARD TO GET UN STUCK...??????????? ALL COMMENTS PLEASE

rsater1

Reaction score
i hear u guys and im not going to drive unless need be. i put LUCAS fuel add in just before all this happened . it said for powerstroke power plant. PS SORRY FOR NEW POST..im purchasing new injectors in couple weeks .after i save 3 grand!!!! , again sorry for new post ..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.