04 6.0 No Start. New HPOP

prototypemo

Reaction score
just to put in my two cents...just last week I had almost an identical problem even the low fuel light after it was full. I replaced almost the exact same parts. and still nothing fixed the issue. So i tore apart the fuel pressure regulator and low and behold, i blew out the gasket on the brass plunger. Bought a new blue spring kit, replaced everything. Fired right up, guage went back to normal and havent had an issue since. its a long shot but you might want to check it out and besides its a pretty cheap and simple fix if it is the case...sorry if you think im an idiot but it's what fixed mine literally yesterday after being down for a week and pretty much getting a full rebuild just shy of injectors

olyellaferd

Reaction score
Ok lucky I'm in Billings and G and J is out here so I figured I'd let them take a peek at it and see if we can't conjure something up. They have two nasty race duramaxes so I figured they might have a clue

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
I have had a 03-04 truck with new HPOP not start and not build but like 2-4psi of ICP when cranking and it was the bolt on the gear wasnt tight allowing the gear to just turn and not turn the pump.

olyellaferd

Reaction score
Ha I think the line of people "backing" that HPOP at ford would be getting a real good verbal thrashing if that happens ha

olyellaferd

Reaction score
Just got a call from the shop. They said I've got an oil leak at the injectors and want to do the oil rail seal kit at the same time. They want $2000 just for the right said and $3000 to do all 8.... Is this normal pricing? Just seems kind of pointless to put a 1/3 of the value of the vehicle into it.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Just got a call from the shop. They said I've got an oil leak at the injectors and want to do the oil rail seal kit at the same time. They want $2000 just for the right said and $3000 to do all 8.... Is this normal pricing? Just seems kind of pointless to put a 1/3 of the value of the vehicle into it.
That seems pretty high to me... Your options are to call somewhere else and get a price for it and see if they can match it or sell it as is.

webb06

Reaction score

WAY TOO MUCH!!!! Injector seal kits are like $6 each and its a max of 8 hours to do those repairs. I'd find another shop

Latest posts

Members online