05-07 HPOP for the 6.0?

Whitezotti

Reaction score
I was just chatting Mike Wood about this the other day. I was "thinking" about the 467 fmw with 205/100's and a thumper and trying to come up with an idea of how well it would clean up. What stall converter are you running and I'm guessing it's definitely streetable?

Thats a good question i was thinking of that question the other day. What stall converter would be good with those injectors and a barder 68? Does anyone know what stall converter bts uses on their 5r?

onebadcoastie

Reaction score
Thats a good question i was thinking of that question the other day. What stall converter would be good with those injectors and a barder 68? Does anyone know what stall converter bts uses on their 5r?

Generally you can get whatever stall you want when you have it built, you just have to make sure to get the right stall for the application.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
So if you have bigger the turbo larger the stall? i think if you have like a gt40 that is not vgt, that you have a larger stall.

onebadcoastie

Reaction score
So if you have bigger the turbo larger the stall? i think if you have like a gt40 that is not vgt, that you have a larger stall.

No, I'm implying that you may need the larger stall so you're not always "under" the turbo with too much lag but if you go too large of a stall, you lose drivability.

swinky

Reaction score
I was just chatting Mike Wood about this the other day. I was "thinking" about the 467 fmw with 205/100's and a thumper and trying to come up with an idea of how well it would clean up. What stall converter are you running and I'm guessing it's definitely streetable?
it would do pretty good cleaning that up I would think. 66 and 190s is a light haze. I'd guess you'd have the same.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Whitezotti

Reaction score
Yea my 7.3 has quiet a bit of lag with its powermax. My 6.0 seems to be fine for now. We will see until i get my hpop,225's, and barder 68.

onebadcoastie

Reaction score
how large of stall are you running?

I'm on a stock converter right now. I'm in the middle of getting ready to move and my PI converter is getting shipped to Carolina. Fortunately they have a free stall upgrade within 2 yrs so I'll use that opportunity to swap out stalls. I was thinking 2100-2200. Still need to research it a bit.

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
I'm on a stock converter right now. I'm in the middle of getting ready to move and my PI converter is getting shipped to Carolina. Fortunately they have a free stall upgrade within 2 yrs so I'll use that opportunity to swap out stalls. I was thinking 2100-2200. Still need to research it a bit.

Try a 2000 or 1900 even. Hell my 75 spools fine with a 2000

Whitezotti

Reaction score

Is pi ? Precision converters? I've heard great things about precision. And 2yrs is great exspecially if your upgrading your truck.

strokin6L

Reaction score
Been thinking about a PI(RCD) with my 68mm vgt but not sure what stall would be best...maybe 1800. Was thinking about even trying out a t4 s364.5 fmw setup. But I wonder if the 1800 stall would be fine with the 64.5 fmw.

Whitezotti

Reaction score
Been thinking about a PI(RCD) with my 68mm vgt but not sure what stall would be best...maybe 1800. Was thinking about even trying out a t4 s364.5 fmw setup. But I wonder if the 1800 stall would be fine with the 64.5 fmw.

I guess a pi is rcds converter.

How is that k/c turbo working for you?

strokin6L

Reaction score
The turbo is working good. PI has their own converter built to their specs. But RCD and BTS worked together designing and testing a converter to their specs that's built by PI. The RCD converter is a PI converter but slightly different than if you were to buy one directly from PI

Reaction score
I run a stock stall. With my Barder 68 it lights at about 1100 rpms so the use for a higher converter just isn't needed in my case. Now if you are running non Vgt then that's a whole different story...... You most likely will have to have a higher stall. My setup is extremely streetable. In fact it is my DD and smoke is very manageable.

swinky

Reaction score
I run a stock stall. With my Barder 68 it lights at about 1100 rpms so the use for a higher converter just isn't needed in my case. Now if you are running non Vgt then that's a whole different story...... You most likely will have to have a higher stall. My setup is extremely streetable. In fact it is my DD and smoke is very manageable.
c'mon now there's no way that thing spools that early.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk