05 6.0 build or not

mav3rick

Reaction score
I'm thinking of trading my 02 7.3 with 170k miles for an 05 6.0 with 270k miles all stock never tuned only problem he has is the water pump leaking he says he's had the head gaskets and everything check its all good, would that be too many miles to try and do some work too, I would do studs, egr delete violent filter system, new oil cooler, and I was gonna get an SCT live wire needs some info should I do it or no

Derkperk

Reaction score
That's a lot of miles. If you are going to do a full rebuild it won't matter. Expect to have the heads decked or even replaced if there are cracks in the valve seats. You also better plan on replacing rockers and pushrods. Be sure to check for excessive blow by out the oil fill tube. If the price is right and the truck is in good enough condition, go for it. Be ready to dig in further than anticipated.

silverbullet4x4

Reaction score
:whs: It may be a good idea, if you do decide to make the swap, to keep the money available for a rebuild and just drive it until it quits.

mav3rick

Reaction score
Its in perfect shape and only has one ding but would it last with studs egr delete and a tuner and stuff for now and save and do a full build later

Latest posts

Members online