08 bumper on OBS

smcox1

Reaction score
To me it would look really good with a 20" led bar in the center and 10" light bars on either side.

redneckabbott

Reaction score

Attachments

• frontiergear.jpg
    frontiergear.jpg
    846.5 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:

Strokersace

Reaction score
That Whoreo truck has a ton of fail going on with it. Nothing flows together IMHO. It has potential but needs work to look right. To me, that's the biggest reason the chrome bumper looks out of place.

I'm not a PTM guy at all. AT ALL!!! But that white truck works... minus the rims.

superduty4x4

Reaction score
That Whoreo truck has a ton of fail going on with it. Nothing flows together IMHO. It has potential but needs work to look right. To me, that's the biggest reason the chrome bumper looks out of place.

I'm not a PTM guy at all. AT ALL!!! But that white truck works... minus the rims.
Flip your tow mirrors down and get some curve in the bill of your hat and you'll see that Whoreo ain't so bad. The Cummings douche juice is getting to you!

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
lol!!! I have been thinking about the 08 bumper thing myself, pretty sure this just set it in stone for me. it would be a chrome bumper like oreo too as I don't have a truck to paint match.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Whoreo ain't so bad.

Sorry but it doesn't flow. You've known me a long time and that's something I've had with all of my vehicles. May not be everyone's preference but I've always had a look (theme if you will) that I wanted before I ever started changing appearance items. It's a pet peeve really!!

He took all the chrome away except the rims and the bumper. Take the bumper out of the equation for a moment... Black bed liner on the rockers and over the wheel wells to give the illusion of flares, chrome on mirrors painted white, grill and headlight surrounders ptm, etc. Ok cool, then throw back in the chrome on the rims with no other chrome and they look EXTREMELY out of place. Then the chrome bumper looks even more out of place.

My suggestion... Either add back the body moldings to give it some black/chrome combo and do the same with the mirrors. Then the wheels and bumper would tie in better.

OR... Paint the front bumper black to tie into the rocker theme and get a rim with less chrome. Then the black/white theme flows much better!!!!!

Last edited:

Strokersace

Reaction score
Flip your tow mirrors down and get some curve in the bill of your hat. The Cummings douche juice is getting to you!

I went to a diesel event here earlier this month and they wouldn't let me participate because Monique wasn't moose mirrored with garbage cans in the bed covered in soot and my hat bill was normal. Told them I'd never become a ITPA member!!!! :p

Bair

Reaction score
Sorry but it doesn't flow. You've known me a long time and that's something I've had with all of my vehicles. May not be everyone's preference but I've always had a look (theme if you will) that I wanted before I ever started changing appearance items. It's a pet peeve really!!

He took all the chrome away except the rims and the bumper. Take the bumper out of the equation for a moment... Black bed liner on the rockers and over the wheel wells to give the illusion of flares, chrome on mirrors painted white, grill and headlight surrounders ptm, etc. Ok cool, then throw back in the chrome on the rims with no other chrome and they look EXTREMELY out of place. Then the chrome bumper looks even more out of place.

My suggestion... Either add back the body moldings to give it some black/chrome combo and do the same with the mirrors. Then the wheels and bumper would tie in better.

OR... Paint the front bumper black to tie into the rocker theme and get a rim with less chrome. Then the black/white theme flows much better!!!!!

Very well said. You really can't just start throwing colors at a truck and expect it to flow. Flow is something few people have the mastery over. That's why I let mine more stock appearing. Because I think my truck would look like a misfit otherwise.

superduty4x4

Reaction score

Say what you want, I still think you're a flat billed, moose mirrored Cummings douche canoe. Give it time little buddy, you'll have stacks stacked on stacks and a big azz chrome "CUMMINGS" sticker in the rear window before you know it! LOL

But yeah, black wheels and black bumper would look better on the Whoreo. Or, go back to chrome on the grille and headlight surrounds.

WishinIWerFishin

Reaction score
I like the aesthetics of the newer bumper but when I do it to my 97' I'll go chrome. I've just never been a fan of painted bumpers on trucks unless we're talking winch bumpers then there's only one color... Black, ok maybe just maybe dark grey If it matches truck trim.

RSK

Reaction score
what does this swap entail besides having the bumper. will it bolt right up or do i need to make some mounts up? I have my obs that conveniently needs a bumper, because its hanging off, I also have a 6.4 that has chrome bumper that can get powder coated black and go on my obs, because I want to get one to ptm for my 6.4 i'm gonna look into this further. hopefully they just bolt right on.

sootie

Reaction score
i just saw one of these in real life and despite the comments earlier in the thread saying how it may look off from other angles, its looks damn good.