08 fuel in oil

[email protected]

Reaction score
I bought the truck a week and a half ago from a ford dealer.. I knew it had the dpf deleted and the truck had a edge programmer on it which I thought edge was EPA friendly as you couldn't use that with the delete... Make a long story short I'm getting fuel in the oil from the trucks constant regen... My dumb question is how bad is that for the truck.. I already got the dealer by the balls since they sold it without dpf I just don't know if I wanna give it back and tell them to screw themselves or not..?? Thanks guys!

webb06

Reaction score
It's not good on the engine at all and will definitely cause alot of internal damage. If its been like that for an extended period I'd give it back and find another. Otherwise just getting an off road tuner will take care of it

[email protected]

Reaction score
Yeah that's the only thing I don't know how long it's been like this... But they sold it without the dpf on it so I guess I got them by the balls and shouldn't have a hard time taking it back... And I got the mini max with the unlock code for the delete I just don't know if I wanna bother with this lemon not knowing how long it's been this way..

ncollins64

Reaction score
I'd say take it back and try and find a stock truck that you can mod yourself. Just my opinion though. I never liked buying something knowing someone else had give it hell.

Chris.v

Reaction score
If the truck is deleted how is it going into regen? Maybe I'm missing something? I just got rid of my 6.4 because it was still making oil after deletes. Diddnt feel like throwing money at it. Best of luck

Chris

webb06

Reaction score
If the truck is deleted how is it going into regen? Maybe I'm missing something? I just got rid of my 6.4 because it was still making oil after deletes. Diddnt feel like throwing money at it. Best of luck

Chris

Because it doesn't have a dpf delete tune on it..

Chris.v

Reaction score
He said the truck Is running an edge. Weather or not the have delete tuning I don't know..?

[email protected]

Reaction score
Yeah it's got the tuning it's the older edge I didnt even know it had it.. I ordered the h&s for it but the truck is back at the dealer they said they would take it back.. It's throwing the consumption/balance fault on cyl 8 so they agreed to take it back I'm going down today to look at another one... Maybe I should just stick with my 7.3 and be happy...

Latest posts

Members online