1.15 A/R housing part #'s for 38R and van turbo

Big Bore

Reaction score
Here are the part numbers and application for 1.15 turbine (exhaust) housings for the 38R and late model Super Duty turbo. Feel free to add any further helpful information or corrections, but please refrain from adding "thumbs up" or "tagged" type posts so this can be a simple reference and not a confusing discussion with derails.

Garrett GTP38R 1.15 A/R - Part no. 700213-0005

Garrett GTP38 1.15 A/R - Part no. 700213-0003

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom S

Reaction score
Would you like to add some additional information in regard to the Adapter and such? You seem to have a good grasp of this.

neverkickn

Reaction score
Your title is correct but your post content is a little off. The 38r and the gtp38 super duty turbo will both have the same turbine wheel size and therefore take the same housing. I am assuming that the second part number you have is for the van charger, which will have a slightly larger turbine wheel, and therefore a slightly different turbine housing.

It should be noted that the van housing will fit perfectly fine on both the gtp38 and 38r, but there will be a larger gap between the turbine wheel and housing than there would be if the proper housing where used. The turbine housing for the gtp38 and 38r will NOT fit on the van charger.

Big Bore

Reaction score
Your title is correct but your post content is a little off. The 38r and the gtp38 super duty turbo will both have the same turbine wheel size and therefore take the same housing. I am assuming that the second part number you have is for the van charger, which will have a slightly larger turbine wheel, and therefore a slightly different turbine housing.

It should be noted that the van housing will fit perfectly fine on both the gtp38 and 38r, but there will be a larger gap between the turbine wheel and housing than there would be if the proper housing where used. The turbine housing for the gtp38 and 38r will NOT fit on the van charger.

Ahhh so if you want to use a 1.15 non WG housing on a GTP38 you would use the same housing as for a 38R?

Big Bore

Reaction score
Would you like to add some additional information in regard to the Adapter and such? You seem to have a good grasp of this.

Apparently not.:doh:

However I suppose it would be helpful to note that the non WG 1.15 housing requires the van adapter which replaces the factory EBPV valve. Several vendors sell adapter together with the housing for a slight discount.

neverkickn

Reaction score
Just checked an invoice from when I bought a van housing and your part number for that housing is correct. I am not sure on the one for the sd and 38r charger, but I do know there was only a one digit difference in the two so I assume that is spot on also.

Big Bore

Reaction score
Just checked an invoice from when I bought a van housing and your part number for that housing is correct. I am not sure on the one for the sd and 38r charger, but I do know there was only a one digit difference in the two so I assume that is spot on also.

That part number is the one being used by several vendors.

There is also a 700213-0004 that is a 1.0 A/R non WG housing that is being sold by a couple vendors for the stock SD turbo.

Just to make sure I haven't made another mistake, the 1.15 that fits the GTP38R will also fit the SD GTP38?

neverkickn

Reaction score
I'm fairly certain at this point that the 38R and SD GTP38 have the same size turbine wheel, so if that housing is for a SD GTP38, then it should???? fit the 38R.

Correct, the turbine side on the 38r and the GTP38 are identical.

Latest posts

Members online