13-16 Spartan tuning

Ipkyss

Reaction score
Went to the 550 tune. Still very clean but smokes a lot easier if you roll into the throttle a little hard, its a race tune after all. Still drives just like the 500 with some extra get up and go. Put about 150 miles on it tonight all highway. Reset the mpg gauge when I left. When I got home it was reading 18mpg. Not sure how accurate it is till I run the whole tank.

This motor makes power much different then the 6.4. Its got the low end of a 310 tuned 6.4 and the top end of the 250 tuned 6.4. Based off my 6.4 not a stock one...

jwanck11

Reaction score
The 500 Enhanced is a fantastic driving tune. The shifting is spot on, absolutely zero complaints.
Power is down compared to my ID Hot Street but I expected that. My guess is the 550 tune will be right there with it.
Overall definitely an A++ overall. Hopefully l have time to play with the other tunes this week but this one will be a great every day tune. SOTF will be the end all for 15/16 tuning.

You had an SCT programming device, had the option of running GH tunes which are hotter than IDP and shift better with a lot better responsiveness from the jump with considerably less smoke - and yet dropped north of a grand to run tunes that are on a proprietary platform.

I am not judging, just trying to understand the choice.

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
You had an SCT programming device, had the option of running GH tunes which are hotter than IDP and shift better with a lot better responsiveness from the jump with considerably less smoke - and yet dropped north of a grand to run tunes that are on a proprietary platform.

You really just don't like us, do you? LOL

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score

I did the exact same thing after buying multiple sets of tunes for my sct. Best choice ever! I feel bad that you are so biased. I'd hate to miss out on these tunes..

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Ya'll sure are making it hard to wait on the NDash!

That's what I said lol, then after I found out I could tune with ngauge then monitor again with my cts2, that's what made my mind up! Me and my transmission couldn't wait anymore lol, plus my engine light with ccv reroute was annoying on idp tunes.

drservo

Reaction score
I'm waiting on Ndash so I can monitor EGTs without a probe, can't do that with my SCT TS

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
Oh, that's what my cts2 is for, but I've had that since tuned and the probe is directly in the manifold in the block off plate.

jwanck11

Reaction score
You really just don't like us, do you? LOL

I have no basis to like or dislike. You are a business selling a product. Thus, don't play a victim - there is no need. I am trying to find tunes to deliver the best driving experience and am asking economic questions - in order to make a rational decision. Sadly, as you can see from the emotional responses, one has to sift though the dribble of the great unwashed to determine if purchasing your tunes and proprietary hardware will deliver the value for the money invested.

My current tunes are OK (though with issues I would rather not be living with.) It would be great to see some reasonable, rational, unemotional information that would lead me to believe that spending a significant amount of discretionary income - on top of what I've already spent - on a proprietary platform makes sense. If this is just too far out there a concept to get one's head around, no worries at all.

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
I have no basis to like or dislike. You are a business selling a product. Thus, don't play a victim - there is no need. I am trying to find tunes to deliver the best driving experience and am asking economic questions - in order to make a rational decision. Sadly, as you can see from the emotional responses, one has to sift though the dribble of the great unwashed to determine if purchasing your tunes and proprietary hardware will deliver the value for the money invested.

My current tunes are OK (though with issues I would rather not be living with.) It would be great to see some reasonable, rational, unemotional information that would lead me to believe that spending a significant amount of discretionary income - on top of what I've already spent - on a proprietary platform makes sense. If this is just too far out there a concept to get one's head around, no worries at all.

Are you wanting all out power or the best shifting and no codes? Either way, the ngauge will give you all of that, the 500 enhanced tune is awesome for daily driving, shifts far better than factory even provided us with and it runs very clean. The 600 enhanced is ungodly power, smokes a bit when lugging into it and shifts perfect as well. I'm on a budget as well, but this was money well spent. I would suggest it to anyone..

Ipkyss

Reaction score

I read your first post as wow your an idiot for switching from an sct with multiple options to a ngauge with one being *******. On a ******* thread. I am guessing that's the same way ******* read it as with their response. These tunes are awesome. They did there homework. Somethings are worth waiting for and this was one of them. By far the best tuning of any powerstroke I have owned.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I didn't see a need to reply to his other post. Until he starts making my money I couldn't care less how he feels about how I spend it.

jwanck11

Reaction score
Are you wanting all out power or the best shifting and no codes? Either way, the ngauge will give you all of that, the 500 enhanced tune is awesome for daily driving, shifts far better than factory even provided us with and it runs very clean. The 600 enhanced is ungodly power, smokes a bit when lugging into it and shifts perfect as well. I'm on a budget as well, but this was money well spent. I would suggest it to anyone..

I read your first post as wow your an idiot for switching from an sct with multiple options to a ngauge with one being *******. On a ******* thread. I am guessing that's the same way ******* read it as with their response. These tunes are awesome. They did there homework. Somethings are worth waiting for and this was one of them. By far the best tuning of any powerstroke I have owned.

These were helpful. Thank you.

Yes, I have an SCT device with 3 other tuner's tunes. I am considering switching because those other tunes leave quite a bit to be desired. They are not awful, but there is without question room for significant improvement.

The question is whether it is a good choice to switch to this platform given the significant incremental expense ... or not. I see some have done that and was looking to see, after the fact, whether they felt it truly worth it.

Jacob @ No Limit

Reaction score
These were helpful. Thank you.

Yes, I have an SCT device with 3 other tuner's tunes. I am considering switching because those other tunes leave quite a bit to be desired. They are not awful, but there is without question room for significant improvement.

The question is whether it is a good choice to switch to this platform given the significant incremental expense ... or not. I see some have done that and was looking to see, after the fact, whether they felt it truly worth it.

Abosolutely worth it! Far superior tunes, like I said, you WOULD NOT regret it! At all! I have nothing I would change, SOTF will be here for it soon, and so will tpms adjust/removal.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.