13-16 Spartan tuning

cappa

Reaction score
I know it doesn't pertain to my truck but I found that when I click on the tow haul it does this for me. I can have the standard stock shifts or I can click on tow haul and it does the raised mph shifts on its own.. so if that is comparable then that is a great feature for the new trucks and shifting strategies.. I love it. I basically run tow haul all the time just for that reason.. but when it is cold it has some harsh shifting so sometimes I have to let it warm up before I click it on..

To me it felt allot like I was running in tow/haul all the time with the raised shift point. I liked it when I was bagging on it around town, but for normal putting around it shifted too late for me. I really liked the firmness of the shifting thou. When it was cold it seemed like it was revving out higher than I liked. I went to the warhammer_x and so far really like it. It doesn't seem to shift quite as firm as the raised shift file thou. This is just on the stage 3 setting on both. Haven't turned it up more than that yet, kinda waiting until my ndash egt's are accurate. Although I've been itching to try 4 at least so well see how long I last. I was on the qr files before the raised shift point one and thought they were good as well, although I had a slight cold flare from 5th to 6th with the qr sotf. I had heard rumours of a warhammer_x2 but have yet to track it down.

06-sixoh

Reaction score
I haven't seen an update on Spartaan's ability to make the exhaust brake work, but I'm wondering if I missed it. Talked to a feller yesterday with a vendor here, and hhe said they got it dialed in. Then spoke with another feller, and he said they haven't figured it out, to his knowledge. Can somebody help me out with this?

cappa

Reaction score
I've been following them on this forum and just started on Facebook and have yet to see anything saying they have a file with it working. I hope your right thou, sure miss my eb.

redneck1

Reaction score
I've been following them on this forum and just started on Facebook and have yet to see anything saying they have a file with it working. I hope your right thou, sure miss my eb.

I heard they had it working but that they never released any files. I tried to get one in a custom file, they admitted that it worked but wouldn't do a file for me. At least not for a pee on like me..

KCCO

06-sixoh

Reaction score
They said they wouldnt do a file for you? That seems a little weird. Did they give a reason why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redneck1

Reaction score
Dunno, Mick said he would pass it on to Matt, but he doubted anything would come of it because of the e p a bs they were dealing with. Never heard anything more about it. But then again that was just my experience. I didn't force the issue as I figured they were dealing with enough.

KCCO

06-sixoh

Reaction score
No exhaust brake is close to a deal breaker for me. On the other hand, I dont want second best performance files either. As far as I can tell, Spartaan puts down the most power.

Another thing that worries me a bit, is their trans tuning. Sounds like there might still be some hit and miss dependability there.

With all this EPA jumbo in the air, is it even safe to consider a tune right now? Last thing I need is my VIN on file somewhere, then getting a knock on my door three months later. Doesnt seem likely, but government is creepy like that.

mfoltz

Reaction score
Im hoping sense trump got elected that this epa will start to go away at least some. Will see

mfoltz

Reaction score
With trump winning I'm guessing that EPA is gonna be defunded quite a bit

I hope your right. It's about time someone puts a stop to the bull****. It's just a way for people to make money. Slapping huge fines on good companys like ******* and h and $

06-sixoh

Reaction score
One more thing.

Youtube shows the EZ Link as SOTF, but I have not had confirmation on this from an actual user on here. Can somebody confirm for me?

06-sixoh

Reaction score
And the EZ Link is just plug and play? All monitoring is off of the OBD?

I know these sound like basic questions, just want to make sure I understand completely.

ImAti0n

Reaction score
And the EZ Link is just plug and play? All monitoring is off of the OBD?

I know these sound like basic questions, just want to make sure I understand completely.

I just got mine today. The ez lynk plugs into the obd 2 and stays plugged in. It broadcasts an AP. You connect to it via wifi from your phone or tablet and can tune and view PIDs from it.

06-sixoh

Reaction score
When you pull it up on your phone, you look for "EZ Link" wifi connection. Now whether its ACTUALLY a WIFI connection, eh...

350Blackcloud

Reaction score
Going to install nDash, SOTF, EGR ******, air intake D-pipe on my 2015 Wednesday. Can someone direct me to a link to a install procedure? The instructions are a bit confusing and contradicting.

1800bigk

Reaction score
There is a good thread on here about e g r deleet I think it's called something like "egr how long" it has good tips. It's pretty straight forward few bolts close to firewall can be hard to reach with fat hands and one of the coolant hoses can be pita if I remember. I followed the instructions that came with my no limit kit was pretty accurate.

Latest posts

Members online