160/30 injectors real world reviews

cjfarm111

Reaction score
I’m thinkin I either need to set onto a small hybrid or 160/80’s or bigger hpop because I’m a little low on hpo

cjfarm111

Reaction score
It’s been boarders line since I went with the 175/80’s. They must be oil hungry little buggers

Swaan

Reaction score
Same.
I had an adrenalin with 175/80s and if pushed to the max would set cel.

Always thought I would of liked 238/80 better.

JDelaney

Reaction score
My 160/30s always seemed to run a little rough in low throttle low load conditions. My 238/100s feel smoother everywhere but I'm sure the tuning plays an equal part.

Swaan

Reaction score
My 160/30s always seemed to run a little rough in low throttle low load conditions. My 238/100s feel smoother everywhere but I'm sure the tuning plays an equal part.

How's the cold weather warm ups with the hybrids over your 160/30s. Does it haze more or No??

What about daily driving, tip in smoke and such?

Always wondered if the hybrids would be dirtyier over the 175/80s I had.

I know tuning plays a huge role but I tried everything to clean up my cold weather/start haze but had no success.

JDelaney

Reaction score
Warm up appears to be about the same. Up in SW Washington it rains. A lot. Especially this time of year and that makes it very difficult to judge smoke.

I didn't try any revisions. I was running an F5 that had to be sent back for revisions and I didn't want to deal with the down time. The issues were pretty minor, I'm splitting hairs here.

superpsd

Reaction score
It sounds like the injectors could be the problem. Others have had the same problem and it came down to the injectors. Then again so many have had problems with the 175/80 injectors and tune problems. No one has ever came forward and mentioned what was done to resolve the problem. Still if the haze is that bad i dont see how better tuning will correct that. Simple things to reduce haze at idle is to advance timing. I was playing around one day and set global timing to - 15° in my tune. When cold it wont even fire off just clugs clouds of grey smoke. I ran the tune going down the road when warmed up and the exhaust tone increases to the point it sounds like leaking manifolds.

Last edited:

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Hopefully Brian Jelichs will come to Diesel Shop LLC in Connecticut. If he does, I will going for some live tuning.

I have 175/80s and a T500. I don't set a CEL with Cale's (Tyrant) Tunes. I put in Dyno Proven tunes, the CEL is tripped. I pretty much think all these issues are tune related.

Billy T.
[email protected]

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
I had 175/30s iirc. They sucked and felt like a waste of money. I wished I would’ve gone with the hybrids from the get go. Save your money, buy once, cry once.

Reaction score
After much discussion I went for 160/30's for my build. I wanted a smoke free daily driver and tow rig that I didn't have to fuss with.

I have no idea what the rear wheel numbers will be but the engine did 460 hp and 1006 ft lbs on the engine dyno. Said to run very sweet and smoke free.

Ported heads and 364.5 are most of the rest of the build. We will see what the real world performance is when I get it in the truck.

mandkole

Reaction score
Cool.. a clean 375 @ wheel is like a C cup-- a nice handful that's entertaining and more than does the job.

cjfarm111

Reaction score
Just an update. I pulled my PIS 175/80 injectors and set them to have them flowed. Injectors looked good but was told my nozzles are shot causing a horrible spray pattern. Weird at only 30,000 miles. So hopefully that fixes my issues.