160/30 injectors real world reviews

The Brad

Reaction score
Just an update. I pulled my PIS 175/80 injectors and set them to have them flowed. Injectors looked good but was told my nozzles are shot causing a horrible spray pattern. Weird at only 30,000 miles. So hopefully that fixes my issues.

Where’d you send them? I’ll be watching to see your results, because mine haze on 70 degree mornings.

superpsd

Reaction score
PIS poor injectors is what they should have called it. PIS was said to be the greatest thing since the creation of apple pie and turned out to be a bunch of hype and junk injectors. People paid top dollar for his injectors too.

dsberman94

Reaction score
PIS poor injectors is what they should have called it. PIS was said to be the greatest thing since the creation of apple pie and turned out to be a bunch of hype and junk injectors. People paid top dollar for his injectors too.

Now or before. I guess it really doesn’t even exist now but he was bought a while back.

I also had PIS 175/80s that hazed blue at idle. I wish I had never bought them. Hard to tune, oil hungry, and I ended up cracking an injector tip causing my entire expensive headache 2 winters ago. All with no real significant power gain. Only thing I heard about them when I got them tested by full force before selling them was that they replaced a tip and another part on 2 of them. Can’t remember what though.

The Brad

Reaction score
Now or before. I guess it really doesn’t even exist now but he was bought a while back.

I also had PIS 175/80s that hazed blue at idle. I wish I had never bought them. Hard to tune, oil hungry, and I ended up cracking an injector tip causing my entire expensive headache 2 winters ago. All with no real significant power gain. Only thing I heard about them when I got them tested by full force before selling them was that they replaced a tip and another part on 2 of them. Can’t remember what though.

I bought my POS’ in 2013, so I don’t have any experience with Grays injectors. It funny how many nut swingers Tim had.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I’ve never dealt with grays either. I remember reading some chit shows about him taking it over but hats as far as my experience went.

cjfarm111

Reaction score
I sent them to full force where I shoulda bought my injectors to being with. Full Force said they flowed 180cc and besides the worn out/crap nozzles everything else looked good. I too got caught in all the hype with pis injectors. Live and learn.

Swaan

Reaction score
It's funny because back when I had my 175/80s from pis I complained from day 1 about the cold haze . I was like a unicorn. Now everyone comes out the woodwork complaining about same issue. I always knew something wasn't right with those injectors.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Its funny that you guys complain about the haze from pis injectors. 60° and below my caserly (full force) injectors hazed on cold starts and sometimes with extended idles... is it the injectors or the idle timing set correctly? No idea cuz i didnt care.. lol.. i put 100k miles on them and then had the motor rebuilt right the second time and had morgan send them back to get tested out. Only one injector needed a shim to be back in spec... im going with the idle timing was off then..

live life full throttle

cjfarm111

Reaction score
Full Force replace all the nozzles with the nozzles they use and they said everything checked out perfect. I got them in last evening so hopefully today I can get the air worked out and report back. I was having increased haze at idle. And then it wasn’t starting that great when it was cold. We had -13 already this fall which is unusual but now temps are back to normal so I’ll be doing some cold starts soon

mandkole

Reaction score
Its funny that you guys complain about the haze from pis injectors. 60° and below my caserly (full force) injectors hazed on cold starts and sometimes with extended idles... is it the injectors or the idle timing set correctly? No idea cuz i didnt care.. lol.. i put 100k miles on them and then had the motor rebuilt right the second time and had morgan send them back to get tested out. Only one injector needed a shim to be back in spec... im going with the idle timing was off then..

live life full throttle

I’ve had cold haze below 70 on casserlys for years now. They were freshened 8-9 yrs ago. My interest in chasing these little issues has been lost so I don’t eff with it unless something major is wrong.

Swaan

Reaction score

live life full throttle

I had more tune revisions from multiple tuners then I could count. They changed timing and high pressure oil and everything thing else they could think of. Nothing fixed it.

I've since sold the truck and now have a 6.7, guess what, no more haze. Lol

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I had more tune revisions from multiple tuners then I could count. They changed timing and high pressure oil and everything thing else they could think of. Nothing fixed it.

But did you have it live tuned?

live life full throttle

bigfords

Reaction score
Man funny you guys are bringing up cold haze...I sure would love to get my cold hazing figured out. Fresh engine and 238 80 injectors. Cold starts are really hazey. Is bad from anything 65 degrees or so and down.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

gnxtc2

Reaction score

Have a 2016 6.7 also but also kept the 97. Drive the 97 more than the '16. Only have 13k on the '16.

Billy T.
[email protected]

TMCCOY

Reaction score
Timely info on PIS 175/80... Yeah, mine have been smokey from Day 1 and I've had many tune revisions. The latest tunes I just got seem to be the best overall, but they're still hazy/smokey. i haven't had any issues with the running of the injectors though. Engine starts great and runs/idles very smooth.

Very interested to see how cjfarm111 fares with new nozzles. I contacted Rosewood about these injectors and they felt (w/o looking at them) a fresh set of nozzles would be fine. Trouble for me is 2-3 weeks w/o my truck that is a daily driver...

cjfarm111; did you get another set of 80% nozzles?

PSD POWER007

Reaction score
On my truck, my hazing pretty much went away when I swapped from PIS 175/80’s to FF 180/80’s. And the truck ran and idled much more quietly. All on the same tunes. 250,000 miles later and only slight hazing on cool morning start ups. Figured they are starting to get tired.

bigfords

Reaction score
That's good to hear. I need to try some more tuning adjustments. Mine haze smoke a very large amount. I used to have 230/100 B codes and they did not smoke this bad. Engine starts and sounds good, but real smokey.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk